Winter Training

Pulling the sledge with Reiner was exhausting, the weight of the supplies pulling you both down as Eden and Jean pushed from the back. After being split into groups you'd been tasked with surviving on the mountain side in winter for a whole month. In groups of ten you were given enough supplies to last a week, after that you'd have to find a way to survive on your own, together, as a team. Anyone who wanted to back out could as you'd also been given a few smoke signals, anyone who fired them would be removed from the test and fail, though they risked getting kicked out. You'd been recommended to get into teams you'd thought would work best, as cooperation was key.

As fate had it you had been put with Eren, mikasa and Jean, what a fucking joke. Still, could be worse. You would at least be able to call Reiner, Bertolt and Annie as your team mates too, though Armin, Conney and Sasha were along for the ride too. It was going to be rough though since Armin was never a physical heavy weight and Conney was so stupid he was likely to walk himself over a cliff at some point. To make things worse Annie and Mikasa were at each other's throats, despite the fact that they were almost dead silent. It was subtle, a side ways glance here or a look over there. For two women like Mikasa and Annie though, it might as well have been a shout.

There were some benefits though, the primary being Reiners seemingly infinite stamina and inexhaustible strength. It had proved invaluable when pulling the supplies up the hill on the first day, the mountainous terrain only climbing steeper and steeper. Sasha also proved knowledgable of the wilderness having come from a hunting village, though wasn't up this high in the mountains so she didn't know everything. However her knowledge had proved invaluable in setting up a plan, couple that with Armins intellect and the group didn't seem to be the worst.

You had decided to set out Sasha and Conny as a scouting party along with Bertolt and Armin as a second while the others helped moved the sledge. At first you'd tried to pull it almost randomly, though you'd soon discover that it worked best when a pair of equal strength and size worked together. You and Reiner tied a rope to sledge and pulled from the front while Jean and Eren pushed from the back and Annie and Mikasa from the sides. Progress seemed to be going well as the party covered some good ground, moving the sledge at a reasonable speed.

The good news was that the scouting party had found a small cave to call home for a little while, though getting the supplies up there was a nightmare. You and Reiner had gotten along fine, Annie and Mikasa were quiet and silently concealed their seething concept for each other but Eren and Jean on the other hand.

"Come on Jeager! Put your back into it!" Jean cried out.

"Why don't you get out in front and pull horse face!" Eren shot back.

"Ah for fuck sake!" You yelled out in frustration. "Shut the hell up will you! One more word out of either of you and I swear to god I will let go of this rope!" They both grumbled and blew off some steam, but otherwise went quiet.

The whole endeavour was literally an uphill battle, the group of you pulling the sledge over one ridge after another. It wasn't long before you were all tired and exhausted, each step taking more and more effort. "What's wrong (Y/N)?" Reiner asked with a grin. "Getting tired there?" He was trying to keep you motivated since you were feeling the strain, it was getting harder to pull and no matter how much you inhaled you couldn't get enough air into your lungs.

"Not a chance." You smirked painfully as you hauled the giant weight up the hill. "Why? You starting to feel it big guy?"

"Not at all, just don't hurt yourself trying to show off for the ladies."

"Like I need to show off to impress, unlike you I was born with an at least semi good looking face."

"Oh yeah, that's some big talk little man. Sounds like your overcompensating for something."