Jeager VS Jeager

The sun beat down on the cadets like a cruel god trying to slowly cook them, sweat dripped off of their brows into the parched earth. You and the rest of the 104th Cadet Core were doing push ups in full gear, including the ODM gear and a large pack containing four extra gas canisters. The exercise was to improve strength was all, but the cadets were doing it. After a year of non stop continuous training you had managed to built the strength, dexterity and fortitude of your entire body. You were fit in the way only constant training can maintain. Muscles bulging on your arms, biceps and triceps that were comfortable both pushing your weight off the ground as well as pull it up many times over. Legs that were capable of running for miles as well as brace and hold for the rough impacts of landing with high speeds while using ODM gear, or be able to kick off walls or surfaces when necessary in order to save fuel or dodge from a titans grasp. Speaking of ODM gear, your core was truly tough. Every part of your body was entuned to it. From muscles on your cut that allowed you to twist and turn flexibly to the inner ear which gifted you with the ability to maintain balance and awareness of yourself in relation to the surroundings. Along with this fitness came a growing sense of invincibility and confidence that bordered on the arrogant. Especially since you were sitting pretty to be one of the cadets for the MP's training, only the top ten were selected and you had little doubt you would be one of them. Along side you would be your best friends, Reiner and Bertolt. Not to mention her, Annie Leonhart.

Since that night on the mountains, your relationship had been... complicated. You had never been overtly friendly, it was no mystery that Anne wasn't exactly a extrovert and you had always been able to sense that line of where you approaching the limit of her social tolerance. Since that night though it seemed she had taken a sort of huff, her rare small talk becoming non existent and she seemed to be almost avoiding you. It was... awkward for sure. It wasn't something you knew how to deal with, you liked her a lot but she didn't seem to like you. No. That wasn't right. That night she had made the effort to go out of the warmth of the shelter and headed out into the cold blizzard to talk, she had wiped away your tears... and she had leaned in to kiss you. The problem was not that she didn't like you; that would be easy to except, the issue was that she did like you, but wasn't willing to accept it.

Someone who defiantly did not like you however was Mikasa. In fact if looks could kill you would be hanging upside down by your entrails by now. Armin had similarly cut himself off from you though he was too much of a coward to confront you in any way, lest he get a swift punch to the gut. Eren was practically indifferent, there had never been a confrontation between you that had separated the fraternal bond, no line crossed in anger, no rage fuelled argument, no final door slam. You were twins, sharing a face but little else. Some say that blood was thicker then water, but the blood of friendship was thicker than the water of any womb. You had no loyalty for Eren and even less for his friends, a large part of it was jealousy. You had been ignored and forgotten about, yet you also had buried a lot of resentment that could not be dealt with. Pride could be a vicious thing, in the end neither of you were unwilling to make the first move. To make things worse both sides brought others into the conflict. Annie and Mikasa were ramping up for a furious conflict that was bound to end in bloodshed. While she may have not been talking to you Annie had taken something of an offense toward Mikasa's treatment. Bertolt and Armin didn't have the stomach for the conflict, so both of them would try and pull back their respective fighters back, with little success. Reiner proved to be the biggest peacekeeper, putting himself between both ladies before violence ensued.

Unknown to you at the time however was that today would be the day things game to ahead. Naturally in involved hand to hand combat. It had started with Eren fighting against Annie, only for you to be paired with Mikasa. What a recipe for disaster! You had found yourself on the defensive with Mikasa throwing hard jabs and kicks. She threw a jap that was so fast it caught you unawares, another jab and you tried to duck to your right to catch her left after evading the jab but her left swept around. You were unsure if she had aimed a well timed and a well placed kick or if she had simply tried to pivot and caught a bit of luck, but her heel found its mark and the sharp boot cracked against your ankle! You yelped and jumped back on instinct but like the wild animal she was Mikasa gave chase and stepped in with viscous right straight as she turned at the same time, bringing her entire weight to bare. She hit you in the left cheek bone just below your eye, stars erupted in your vision as you felt the pressure painfully apply to the orb and caused you to fall back from the physical force of the blow. Off balance and caught off guard you had no choice in staying upright. You hit the ground hard and before you knew what was happening Mikasa was on top like a predator going for the kill and just like a predator, Mikasa went for the jugular. Immediately you were caught in a ground and pound! Hammer fists were being brought to bare in an assault of blows aiming for your face. Not completely taken unawares you brought your fists up to protect your head, blocking what you could and absorbing a majority of damage. The bitch was out for blood though and it was obvious she wasn't trying to win, no, she wanted to hurt you. She suddenly rocketed her knee into your stomach and knocked the air out of you in a single hit, leaving you breathless. Seeing an opportunity you dropped your guard for only a second, leaving only a brief opening for her to hit your head again. She went for it with another right hammer fist which you had expected, she was eager but that made her a little too predictable. You threw your left arm out to deflect the blow, knocking her fist to the side and leaving her open, seeing the opportunity that you had created for yourself you knew it was time to counter. A quick right cross was all you needed as you landed the blow on her cheek, it didn't damage her much but it did push her to the side a little. Grabbing her hair you yanked her head back, throwing her to your right and pulling her off you as she gave a small yelp. Rolling to your left you quickly scrambled to your feet as Mikasa did the same. You did a quick mental stock of yourself. Your cheek hurt with hell, but it wasn't broken. Neither was your ankle, it hurt to put too much weight on but you could still walk, probably just bruised the bone. Still, that was a lot of damage you took in a very short space of time.