New beginnings

Ford carefully explained the situation to his brother, starting from the beginning and leaving nothing out. He feared his brother's anger, but Stanley needed to know what was going on if Ford had any hope of saving the kids from Bill.

He explained the rift, what it was and how it was made, how it just have broken in Dipper's backpack while Mabel carried it, how Bill must have gotten through. He explained the gun he built to kill Bill, the misfired shot, him and Bill's conversation, and getting captured in Gold.

He explained how when he was let out of the prison, he saw Dipper shaking Bill's hand, sealing a deal of some kind. He explained how he was forced to run while Dipper stayed next to Bill's side.

He explained the bloody wound on his side, how everything outside was turning really weird, how Bill had taken over Gravity Falls.

It took Stan a moment to process everything, his mind having to work through it all one small bit at a time. When he finally realized what had happened, he punched Ford in the jaw, surprising the six fingered brother and knocking him to the floor.

"You're telling me you let both of the kids get captured by some demon while you ran away like a pansy?! What if they get hurt? Or worse, killed?! How are we supposed to explain that to their parents, Ford?!"

Ford listened to his brother rant, rubbing his jaw where his brother hit him. He wanted to argue back, wanted to tell him that if he didn't help him now, there will be no parents to call. but he bites his tongue.

"I know, Stanley. I've made a mistake. But it isn't too late to save them. We can still do this, still stop him, If we work together."

Ford offers a hand to his brother and looks at him hopefully, surprised when he felt his twin's hand in his own. Stan tugs his brother up to his feet, clapping him on the back of the shoulder, ignoring Ford's noise of pained protest at the impact.

"Only for the kids. When this is all over, I'm kicking your ass."

There was a grin on his brother's face, so Ford knew that even though his brother was upset with him, he was willing to put that aside for the kids.

"Hah. As if you could take me on. I'm not the same pushover nerd that I was 30 years ago."

"Eh. Even with that smug exterior I know you're still a geek. Now get some rest, Pointdexter. We need you healthy before we can go chasing demons."

"Alright, Alright. I'll go to bed."

Ford walks over to the hall, ready to lay down and finally get some sleep after who knows how long.

He pauses in the doorway, looking back at his brother who was now pacing around the room, cracking his knuckles.

"Oh, and Stanley?"

Ford's softer tone made Stan look over, curiosity and a little bit of surprise in his eyes.

He's never heard his brother talk softly before, it was always yelling, or harsh rough tones. Especially when directed at him.

"Yeah, Ford?"

"Thank you. For everything."

And with that, he walks to his room to lay down and regain his energy. Tomorrow, they would start planning to get the kids back.

"Yer welcome, Ford."

His reply was quiet, almost a whisper, but it felt good to say it out loud.

•••••

A bright flash of light alerted Dipper of Bill's presence, so he looks up from his corner to where the demon was floating.

As always, the light coming off of him hurt the boy's eyes, but he looks at the demon anyways, fighting through the pain.

"Hi there, Pinetree! You liking your room?"

Bill's voice hurt his ears, the silence of the room broken by the always shouting demon who had locked him up to begin with.

"Well, it's kinda dark."

The playful sarcasm in Dipper's voice made the demon happy, which was obvious by how the glow from the triangle brightened slightly.

"Are you ready to join my side?"

"Yes." Dipper's reply was without hesitation. This was going well for Bill, very well.

"And you understand the consequences should you betray me?"

"Yes."

"Good. You will stay by my side unless instructed to leave. You will not look for your family. You will not go against my orders."

"Yes."

"Yes, sir." Bill corrects, giving the boy a warning look. He may be letting Dipper out of his cell, but he doesn't trust the him completely yet. He needs to keep the boy close by to keep an eye on him.

"Yes, sir." Dipper repeats, nodding to the triangle with a grin.

The grin excited Bill. His Pinetree was sitting there, a grin on his face, knowing that he was willingly handing over his freedom to someone he viewed as an enemy only hours ago.

It showed that perhaps this world had hope. Perhaps, this world, would be as willing as young Dipper Pines.

It would take some time, and some manipulation, but perhaps he can truly make this world perfect.

"Come, Pinetree. I need to introduce you to the others."

"Yes, Sir!" Dipper runs over to his side, a little shaky, and stands next to him with a big grin.

He's done it. He's joined the side of someone who cares about him, who doesn't lie and manipulate him!

He'll soon be able to do what he likes, making this world a better place for him! And maybe, maybe Mabel could join him when she's ready, and see that she doesn't need to betray him to be happy!

And once his twin joins him, this world will truly be perfect. He can go back to pretending that Mabel never hurt him, that Grunkle Stan never lied to him.

His universe will be balanced again, and he'll help Bill rule the universe, just so he can have his own place where nothing goes wrong.

Bill smirks to himself and taps Dipper on the shoulder, causing the boy to escape his own mind and focus on his new lord and master for all of eternity.

"Pinetree. For being so willing, and behaving so well this far, I have a gift for you."

"What is it, Bill?"

Bill snaps his fingers, changing to a human form.

His hair was a light blonde, messy and chaotic that bordered his sharply featured face perfectly. One of his eyes was a bright, sapphire blue while the other was a harsh gold.

He was a good foot taller than Dipper, a pair of heeled black dress shoes only adding to that height.

He wore a yellow dress shirt with a black vest over it, matching black pants and bowtie adding to the look. His signature black top hat floated a few inches above his head, completing the look.

Dipper stared for a moment, putting everything together to make his mind comprehend that his old enemy, one who he has always associated with a triangle, was now standing in front of him as a human.

"You look very handsome, Bill."

"I knew you'd like it, Pinetree! I made it myself. Speaking of which-" He snaps, changing Dipper into formal wear as well, "You needed a new change of clothes! Gotta look nice for universal takeover!"

Dipper nods and looks at his new outfit, pleased that he wasn't in his old clothes anymore. Those were starting to smell, and it was not a pleasant smell.

"Hey Pinetree, look! I've got two eyes again! Ahahahahaha!"

Dipper watches as Bill explored his new form, happy that he seemed to be enjoying it.

His fun was interrupted when the one Dipper remembered to be Keyhole ran in, gasping and panicking about something.

"Boss, Boss! Some red haired human got the key to Mabel's bubble from Gideon!"

Wait... Wendy?!