Recovery

The Pines family, or what remained of it, sat around the living room of the shack and started thinking up a plan of action. Mabel was home, having been returned by a very tired looking Wendy and Soos, but she was so upset over her brother's absence that she wouldn't speak to anyone. Wendy had tried convincing her to talk, but so far there was nothing.

Ford had locked himself in the basement, avoiding the judgmental looks from the survivors who had took shelter there, but they had pulled him out and to the living room to force him into helping make the plan. Mabel was also forced out of her room, but she still refused to talk.

"Okay team, I've been spending my time in the basement looking over notes and formulating a plan of success. There is a way to get rid of Bill, a zodiac that when completed will trap him back in the nightmare realm. We need every member for it to work though, and I'm afraid I haven't figured them all out yet."

"Okay, which ones do you have figured out?" Wendy asks, trying to peek at the papers.

"Well, the hand is me, the symbol from Stanley's hat must be him, the shooting star is Mabel, the Pinetree is Dipper, and the shooting star is Soos."

Wendy points to another symbol.

"That one is Robby, but the eyebats got him."

"And Bill has Dipper..." Mabel says softly, running a finger over the Pinetree symbol.

"And who knows what the other symbols mean." Ford sighs and rolls up his notes. "That's the best I can do for now. We need to rescue the others before anything else can happen."

The group nods and goes to their assigned rooms, Ford going to the basement, the girls sharing the attic, Stan in his room, and the rest spread out in the living room.

There would be little to no sleep for each of the Pines family members that night, including Dipper, who sat in his own bed, sleep escaping him.

He was still trying to wrap his head around everything. His family being gone weighed on him terribly, but he knew it was for the best. They were most likely at the shack, which was the only safe place from Bill. He had made sure of that himself when he helped Ford with the unicorn spell.

And then there was Bill. The demon who had tormented his family for a long time now, who had started the end of the world, and had imprisoned him. The demon who saw him having a hard time, and comforted him.

It was so damn confusing. Why would Bill sit there and comfort him? Why not punish him for being weak, or make fun of him instead? It was out of character for the demon to be... nice. It was all so frustrating. Why did Bill agree to his deal in the first place? It was clearly a bad idea, one that didn't work in his favor at all. A last minute idea to set his Grunkle free.

And look where that landed you, Dipper. Stuck with a demon for the rest of eternity.

He sighs and curls up under his covers, hugging his pillow tighter and staring at the wall near his bed.

At least here he was away from his family. The family that always chose themselves above him. It wasn't like he blamed them, though. Who wouldn't choose to save themselves over their closest loved ones?

Oh yeah, he wouldn't. He hadn't, in fact.

And yet where were they? Probably living their best life in the shack, eating the brown meat reserves and watching TV, or making sweaters, or building some dumb experiment. All while he sits in this triangular castle, alone with a bunch of demons and his own treacherous thoughts.

He sighs, rolling onto his back and staring up at the ceiling. There was no way he was going to sleep that night. At least not without some help, but there is no way in hell he's asking Bill. Even if the demon has been super nice lately.

Ugh, no! I can't think like that! Bill is the enemy!

An enemy you're going to be stuck with for the rest of your natural life.

One who happens to be kinda cute as a h- NO! NOPE. NOT HAPPENING.