2. Falling Heights Mental Hospital

She just left. Without turning around, without remorse.
Gone...
Standing still, my feet planted into the top of this neglected building top. Oblivious to the world and in utter shock of what had just occurred, the betrayal of my mother. The one I thought loved me...

I was snapped out of my trance when I felt the tough, warm grip of a strong hand around my bicep. Knowing I stood no chance, I didn't bother to fight as they dragged me away, on my way to hell.

~~~

"Hello and welcome to Falling Heights Mental Hospital," the cheerfulness rang from her voice and echoed through my damaged ears. How could one be so happy in such a dreary place?

"My name is Percy, I work the front desk here. What can I do for you?" Her mischievous blue eyes sparkled under the engulfing bright lights. I have a tendency of analysing my surroundings.

I already hated this place, from the moment it came into view. It's white brick formation perfectly placed, cautiously. The green grass was all that surrounded it. No trees, no flowers. It looked like a prison. Felt like a prison...

I must have zoned out for quite some time thinking about everything because next thing I know I was being told to follow as I was directed to my new 'room', I guess you could call it that.

The dimly lit hallway had an eerie feeling to it. White walls everywhere, it was meant to be a calming colour. To me, it just made the place seem more dead and empty. Resembling my current state of mind... Coming to a halt we stopped at the end of the hallway, a single flickering light above us. As if this place didn't already give me the chills. Percy instructed me toward a vacant and isolated room. Walking through the ominous door way of my darkened room I'm filled with excruciating misery. I don't want to be here. There is no one here for me. Nobody loves me...

Heavy breathing erupts through my lungs. Oh man, not an anxiety attack.Not the moment I arrive. Thank god no one was around but Percy, they all must have been in the common room.

"Deep breaths. Breathe in. Breathe out," she instructed me as she held my hand for comfort. "Do your anxiety attacks occur often?" Not quite able to speak yet due to my slow recovery rate I just nod. "Do you take medication for your anxiety?"

I take a deep breath in and release slowly. "No," my low, raspy voice must have startled her slightly. Unexpected perhaps? This was the first time I had spoken since I arrived. I removed my hand from her grip and placed in my lap. Human interaction wasn't exactly my thing. When you've been neglected your whole life it's kind of hard to get use to. "I'm okay Percy. I've always been on my own. Please, leave me. I wish to be alone."

Her eyes no longer sparkled that beautiful blue they did before, a slight speck of hurt drowned in her ocean eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." I trailed off. Why bother finishing my sentence? I was never listened to anyway. Why would that change here?

She just looked dead at me, staring into hollow eyes, searching for my vacant soul. I looked to the ground and covered my face with my hoodie once more. The self consciousness kicked in again. A few seconds passed and I felt a hand move to my shoulder.

"You didn't mean to what Remi?" Her soft voice hummed.

"I didn't mean to hurt you..." I muttered with my shaky breath. "I didn't mean to hurt you."