4. Pain

After Sebastian left I didn't expect to feel more empty, it's not like he's ever contributed anything to my existence anyway. He's just a heartless prick. I mean of course he is. 'Mums favourite' always getting what he wants.
"Fuck!" I scream in annoyance and punch the brick wall. Instant pain emerged through my right hand, at least now I can feel something.

I must have blacked out because next thing I know Percy is shaking my shoulders,

"Remington? Hello? What happened? Remi!"
I quickly snapped out of my trance and turned to Percy. Her eyes filled with sincere concern. Why was she so worried? A quick and sharp pain sparked through my hand, I scrunched my face up- gritting my teeth together in an attempt to ignore it. I look down to see my hand covered in blood.

"What? Did I?" Pure confusion brushed my cheeks. I must have punched the wall more than once when I blacked out. Who am I?

"Remington what happened?" I practically forget she was standing there, too focused on the confusing. "Why did you hurt yourself?" Grabbing my hand I winced in pain.

"I, I don't know Percy..." My eyes fell to my hand once again. "After Sebastian left I must have blacked out with rage. I don't remember." Percy ran her brittle fingers over my damaged hand, taking in the damage. "Shit," I pulled my hand away quickly, startling her. She hit a sore spot.

"I think it's broken. We need to take you to the see the nurse," I could see her breathing heavily. I must scare her to hell and back.

"I'm sorry Percy... I didn't mean to scare you. I just, no ones ever cared for me. I don't know how to respond," a subtle tear fell down my pale cheek, I didn't notice until she inched closer and wiped it away with her thumb.

"It's okay. Follow me."

Is this what it felt like to be cared for? To have someone who noticed your existence and treated you like a human? It felt so foreign...

(Sorry for short chapter)