3

^^^ Haseya's outfit
————————————————————————
August 13th, 2018

When I woke up this morning I got my pearl bowl with my sage bundle that my grandmother gifted me with for graduating high school, picked up my lighter from the night stand beside me and burned my sage.

'I miss my grandmother...'

I sighed as I picked out my clothes and took a nice warm shower. I was so excited to finally use my new strawberry body wash, including my new shampoo and conditioner.

I chose to wear my blue jeans and black top, with my flannel. I bought a majority of my clothes from my favorite thrifting stores in New Mexico.

'I'm going to have to find another local thrift shop...'

I only did minimal makeup, since I like to keep it natural... and I just topped off my look with my small pair of gold hoop earrings.
It took my hair a little while to dry because I have thick hair, that reached past my butt.
Once I finished applying my lipgloss, my look was almost finished. I just curled my hair to look like a loose wavy style, and put it up in a bun. Letting some strands frame my face.

I woke up earlier than my dad and Kenai, so I decided make some chorizo and eggs, and warmed up the tortillas my Auntie had made- on the stove.

Eventually they woke up and got ready around 7am.

Before we ate, my dad prayed,
"Creator, we give thanks for all that we have and for this opportunity my Eldest daughter has, to attend college.
My son to experience new things here, going into his Junior year.
I ask that you give them strength and guide them towards good paths. Thank you. A'ho".

After we ate, it was time for Kenai to walk to school but before he could, I took pictures of him for my photo album.

My dad took him aside to talk to him, I knew Kenai was anxious. Hell I was nervous for him, we never lived off the reservation. We never been to a school in the city, our schools consisted of all tribal members.

Yet here was Kenai, going to a public school in Freeridge. Pro-dominantly Chicano students... it's going to be a culture shock for them both.

We grew up traditionally on the Navajo reservation. Bet those kids don't even know what a reservation is- let alone seen one.

"Hey just be yourself! They'll love you Kenai. Just don't fall asleep in class, you drool too much", I said with a laugh at the end.

We shoved each other and my dad hugged him goodbye, before he was on his way.

'I wish my mom was here for this...'

I sighed, my father kissed my head goodbye before he went to his new job. He took up a management job doing landscaping.

I was off to do my own thing until my Fall semester started in a few weeks, so I guess I'll go looking around to find some decent raspados...and a job.

————————————————————————

After watching a few episodes of the original Teen Titans series, I finally got my ass off the couch to go search for a job.

So I grabbed my black backpack and my skateboard, then slid on my black vans.

As I locked the door behind me, I put in my headphones and searched for the nearest Circle K on my phone— venturing off into my new neighborhood.

————————————————————————————————————————————————