Worthy and Trustworthy

Hi Spider Fan here, I've heard so many one-shots where Peter picks up Thor's hammer to get something underneath, so I tried something different. Tell me how it is!

Tony's POV

Flashing my million dollar smile, I strutted into the meeting room, where Fury had ordered us to go, and made sure to bring my briefcase with me. Arriving fashionably late, I sauntered into the room, and plopped down into my seat. I ignored Fury's glare and leant back, putting my feet up on the table. Fury sighed.

"Now that Stark has decided to arrive, I can tell you why I called you here." Fury put up a photo of Spiderman and pointed to it. "I want you to track down Spiderman and find out his identity. We need to know who he is in case he turns rouge."

I scoffed. "The almighty Nick Fury, director of SHIELD does not know his identity? Man, that is unbelievable!"

Nick sighed and dragged his hand down the side of his face in exasperation. "Just get his identity, Stark, then you can rub it in my face. So who is going after him?"

Quickly I said, "Not it!" and Natasha, Clint, Bruce, and Steve quickly followed. Thor looked at us confusion on his face. "Why are you midguardians all yelling not of it? Are we playing the midguardian game named tag?"

I looked at the rest of the Avengers and we all shrugged. "That doesn't matter. Well, it looks like Thor gets to go after the Spider," I said happily. Man, I am really lazy today. Wait-what am I saying. I am always lazy.

Nick looked at us and said, "All of you have to contribute to helping find the Spider-person." Thinking quickly, I looked through my briefcase and pulled out a small camera pin the size of a pea. "Aha," I shouted in triumph, "I've got it! We can watch Thor and guide him through his comm."

Fury shrugged. "Why not. Now get going!"

_-_-_-_Line Break_-_-_-_

Peter's POV

I was swinging around as Spiderman, on my daily patrol, when I heard a whoosh. I stopped on a building to find the source of the sound. Then there was a loud bang, and I spun around. I stepped back in shock. Thor?!? What is he doing here?  Mentally composing myself, I tried to lean caually on the greenhouse on top of the apartment. "H-hey Mr. Thor sir, wha-what are you doing here?"

Thor tilted his head in confusion, then pressed the button on his comm. "What do I tell the midguardian man?" Listening carefully with my enhanced hearing, I heard Tony's annoyed voice, don't talk to the enemy just bring him in so we can get his identity!  A wave of panic and sadness swept over me, and I hung my head down. I thought the Avengers trusted me.

Third Person's POV

Spiderman snapped his head up as Thor started flying at him. He quickly somersaulted to the side and landed in his classic spiderman crouch. Thor landed and threw his hammer at Peter, knocking him off balance. Thor summoned back his hammer and tried to get behind the spider to knock him out. Peter, quickly realizing this, flipped over him.

"Hey Thor! Well, and the rest of the Avengers I hear listening to me, leave me alone! You are not going to get my identity!"

Thor, enraged and spurred on by the other Avengers, shouted a battle cry and ran at Spiderman while swinging his hammer. Thor thrust out his hammer, and when Peter dodged the hit, Thor spun around and hit Spiderman's side. Peter was flung over the side of the building. Quickly Peter caught onto the railing of a nearby with one hand, then shot a web out flipping back onto the roof.

Thor threw his hammer at Spiderman. Peter's spidey senses warned him of an incoming object, so without hesitation, Peter caught the object, and in one fluid motion, side flipped and sent the object back to where it came from. Spiderman heard a thud, and looking at Thor, he saw that the object knocked Thor out. Only after it was sent flying by Peter did he realize what it was that he caught and threw back.

It was Thor's hammer.

Line break/time skip to beginning of fight.

Steve POV

We all settled down in front of the screen that the camera was broadcasting to. Thor pulled up behind Spiderman, who had stopped on a building. Thor landed behind Spiderman, who whipped around to look at Thor. Spiderman, looking a bit tense, leaned casually on what looked to be a greenhouse on top of the apartment.

We watched as Spiderman asked what Thor was doing there. Then we heard Thor asking What do I tell the midguardian man?  through the comm.

Tony sighed and pressed a button. "Don't talk to the enemy, just bring him in so we can get his identity!"

At obviously hearing that, Spiderman hung his head, then when Thor attacked, started fighting back. Then the spider-guy yelled at Thor, then us directly, telling us to leave him alone. Natasha and I shared a glance, while Clint and Tony yelled at Thor to attack through the comm. If the man heard us then he has really good senses. We should be wary of him as an opponent. 

Enraged, Thor clipped Spiderman's side with his hammer, sending Spiderman flying off the building with a groan of pain. I gasped, ignoring the looks of my teammates. I hope he is not hurt too badly.

Spiderman swung back up, anger on his face. Thor threw his hammer back at Spiderman. Seemingly without a second glance, Spiderman caught mjölnir and threw it back, knocking Thor out and breaking the camera. Wait, Spiderman is WORTHY?!?

We could see Spiderman walking up to Thor, worry in his eyes, before swinging out. The camera flickered, then blacked out.

I leant back in my chair, shocked along with the rest of the Avengers. I stood up.

"I'm going to call off the hunt for the Spiderman. If a magical hammer thinks that he is worthy, then I can believe that he would be trustworthy too, now and in the future."

No one argued.

So how was that? Comment and tell me how you thought it was! I will try to take suggestions, so give me yours!

                -Spider Fan out