3 || questions unanswered ✓

incompatible, chapter 3 – questions unanswered

Parker awoke to a slight commotion; there was an uneasy stir in the camp.

Wells was standing across from the boy she recognized as Atom; he had a tan complexion, a slight scruff along his jawline, dull brown eyes, and dark brown hair.

Wells then threw down a pile of clothing containing shirts and pants. He turned to Bellamy sharply, who was standing there with nothing but his loose jeans and a pair of combat boots (both of which must have been recently acquired). His hair was now in loose curls, tousled along his hairline. "Is this what you want? Chaos?"

Parker inhaled deeply, annoyance washing over her like the rain the previous night; Wells was her problem, and he kept causing more of them.

She rose to her feet, carefully stretching; she had fallen asleep next to the rock she was talking to Bellamy near.

She then redirected her attention back to Bellamy and Wells standing across from each other, as well as Atom cast-off to the side.

"What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy replied, pulling a shirt over his bare abdomen.

There was then a feminine shriek, earning the attention of Wells, Bellamy, Atom, and Parker. In front of the fire, Murphy was holding a girl's arm, pushing her face dangerously close to the fire.

Murphy looked up, noticing the group approaching. Parker headed over similarly. "Bellamy, check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first."

Bellamy had something of a smirk on his face. Parker was definitely no hero, but this unsettled her.

"Let her go!" Wells called, as Parker watched him rush over to shove Murphy. Murphy released the girl, as he fell over slightly from the force of the push. He then turned to Bellamy, a pleading look in his eyes. "You can stop this."

"Stop this?" Bellamy questioned, his tone very sarcastic. "I'm just getting started."

Murphy then snuck up behind Wells, turning him and delivering a hard punch to his jaw.

Parker began to rush over, elbowing her way through the small crowd that had formed. She is then pulled back by a man standing on the inside of the circle.

"Not a good idea," he stated simply, as Parker pulled roughly. She recognized the voice, believing it to belong to Atom.

"I will kill you," Parker threatened, her tone sharp; it was more of a growl than a statement.

He let out a light chuckle. "I don't doubt it. But you'll get hurt if you throw yourself in the middle of that."

People began to cheer the fight on, as Murphy was now on top Wells, throwing punch after punch at his face.

Parker was able to admit it; she was not a hero in the slightest. But she was loyal, and she had made a promise to keep an eye on Wells. If Mommy Clarke came home to him looking like he was run over, she would not be very happy at the one she appointed as a babysitter.

Parker was on the inside of the circle, Atom restraining her roughly by her shoulders. Wells then reached up, grabbing Murphy quickly and rolling over. He punched Murphy, as Murphy appeared defeated for a moment.

Wells then rose to his feet, turning to Bellamy, "Don't you see you can't control this?" Wells pleaded. Parker knew, and Parker knew Wells knew, that his pleads were futile; Bellamy couldn't see past his nose.

Murphy then rose to his feet behind Wells, now garnishing his familiar knife. "You're dead," he growled, getting Wells to turn towards him.

"Bellamy, stop this," Parker called, shaking her shoulders roughly in an attempt to release herself from the boy's extremely tight grip. Bellamy was a few people to her right. He didn't bother to even glance in her direction.