5 || bow to your queen, blake

There are two things going through the camp; nervousness and tension. The cause? 

 Wells Jaha is dead.

 He's also about four feet under, but that's besides the point.

 The wall protecting the camp is coming along nicely, sparked by a Grounder spearing Jasper. Now that Wells is dead, the firestorm to build the wall picked up considerably.  

 Clarke is very distraught over the death of one her closest friends, but she tried not to let anyone know. I, as her friend, understood just how upset she is.

 I struggle with emotional attachment, but she got close to people very easily. 

 She was even more upset over the fact that she had blamed Wells for the death of her father, and recently had come to learn he wasn't the one who had told the Chancellor; it was her mother.

 She is also struggling with the fact that her mother had essentially been the one to suck the air out of Jake Griffin's lungs.

 That had then led her to remove her wristband to stick it to her mother.

 I decided that I would also remove my wristband; I had no one on the Ark I had cared for, I had done it for Clarke's sanity. If she was ready to remove her wristband, I was finally going to liberate myself as well.

 So, Monty removed them for us in attempt to get one working.

 Monty looks to me, "You sure you want to do this? I might shock you."

 I nod, as I stretch my wrist out to him. "Just do it." 

 He looked up at me, giving a slight nod. He then slid the screwdriver under the locks, as they clicked. A small sting shoots through my wrist, as Monty pulls the band off. He holds it close to his face, tapping the prong.

 He lets out a sharp sigh, tossing it to the side. "Useless! It's dead." 

 I nod, "Take a breath, Monty. You've got another try." I gesture to Clarke, as she sticks her wrist out as well. 

 He nods, focusing on the band on Clarke's wrist. He brings the small tool close to her band to snap the locks, as he gently pries. After they let out a small click, he very gently slides the band off her wrist. He holds it close, a look of triumph erupting over his features. "Yes! I did it; it's still operational."

 A small smile erupts on Clarke's face, as she looks up at me to share the joy. I give her a small and quick smile, turning on my heel to head out of the ship; I wasn't sure how I feel about the Ark coming down. 

 I swallow my thoughts, as I head out of the Dropship to go assist with the building of the wall; the idea of a wall was seeming better and better after Wells' death.

 Construction is in full swing, as everyone is busy doing something.

 I quickly glance over the scene, and spot Bellamy and Murphy in a corner watching everyone work. I quickly roll my eyes, as I spot Charlotte bounding come wood.

 I approach her, joining the girl's side. "Can I help you?"

 She looks up at me, giving a small smile. "I think I got this, thank you, though."

 I give her a small smile in return, as I hear a small grunt. My attention turns to a boy doubled over, as I quickly approach.

 "You okay?" I question, as the boy looks up at me.

 Murphy then draws our attention. "Hey!" he calls, beginning to approach, "You think the Grounders are just gonna sit around, and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?" He gestures to Charlotte, who keeps her head down and continues to tie some wood planks together.