2 || whatever the hell we want ✓

incompatible, chapter 2 – whatever the hell we want

Parker was seated against the dropship, watching Wells stack some brown colored logs in a messy pile. While Parker intended to keep a watchful eye over Wells, she was not going to do whatever pointless thing he was trying to for him.

The sun was still shining down on the earth, allowing for substantial light. In all honesty, Parker was basking in it.

That was, until Murphy approached Wells with a cocky swagger to him. He additionally had a friend behind him; the one who had restrained Clarke.

As he approached Wells, Parker rose from her seat against the soft dirt. She watched for just a brief moment, before deciding to join the boys.

"Find any water yet?" Murphy questioned, as Wells stood from his crouched position.

Wells carefully eyed him. "No, not yet. I'm going back out if you want to come." His eyes then wandered to the other side of the ship. In some kind of chalk, "first son, first to dye" was carefully sprawled out.

Murphy's plain look switched to one of anger, and Wells' of annoyance.

Parker joined Wells' side, "Is there a problem, Murphy?"

Murphy ignored the girl completely, switching his attention away from the sharp-featured brunette.

Murphy let out a quiet laugh, wiping his nose. His blade was on full display. "You know, my father, he begged for mercy in the airlock chamber when your father floated him," Murphy stated, his words sharp. Murphy was mad, and rightfully so. But it wasn't Wells' fault. He continued eyeing the boy of a darker complexion carefully.

"I think we all need to relax," Parker suggested, looking between Wells and Murphy, her tone calming.

"No one asked you, babe," Murphy fired, keeping his eyes locked with those of Wells. Parker crossed her arms.

Parker's attitude turned to one of pure annoyance. "Every word you say is a waste of oxygen, be nice to our new environment."

A small smirk formed on Murphy's face, as he turned his head just an inch to the right. He made eye contact with Parker, and he slowly looked her body up and down. He then preceded to run his tongue along his bottom lip. "You know what wouldn't be a waste?" he remarked, and Parker automatically knew where he was heading. "You screaming my name later."

Parker sucked in a deep breath, immediately ready to pounce on Murphy. "A war with me is one you do not want to start."

Wells then placed his hand on Parker's shoulder, causing her to jump slightly. "Let's both let it go." Parker takes a deep breath, nodding subtly.

Wells then turned to the boys. "You spelled 'die' wrong, geniuses." He then precedes to walk to Murphy's left, bumping into his shoulder as he walks by. Parker followed a few feet behind, to go try to help find some water.

Wells needed someone to watch his back, as Murphy was definitely out to kill him, and Parker needed someone to prevent her from killing Murphy.

An asshole like Murphy didn't seem like he would be long for the world anyway, so why couldn't Parker just kill him?

Besides, he definitely had it coming.

┌─────━┿──┿━─────┐

└─────━┿──┿━─────┘

The sun had set in a variety of colors, including orange, purple, and pink. It had become dark, and the stars were beginning to appear in the sky; they seemed so much farther now then they did on the Ark.