1 || crash landing ✓

a/n: this is the first chapter and it is based off of the pilot so it may be a bit slow! i apologize and i promise the chapters following will be much more original.

┌─────━┿──┿━─────┐

└─────━┿──┿━─────┘

incompatible, chapter 1 – crash landing

Today was not Parker's day.

Well, it could've been depending on how you viewed it; everything was, after all, about perspective. Luck wise, today was extremely subpar. If you were looking at it in terms of her day to die, well, yeah, that was seeming more and more like it was going to be today.

Her cell door slid open, a brutish guard entering; he had wide shoulders and a tall frame. His dark brown, slightly graying, was brushed off to the side. His blue eyes looked Parker over, bearing no emotion. "Face the wall, prisoner."

Parker was sent into a slight frenzy but would not reveal that to the guard with the name "McAdams" on the upper corner of his uniform near his right shoulder. She didn't recognize this guard. She had become familiar with David Miller and Commander Shumway; Miller was always kind to her; she believed his son was in a similar situation. Shumway was nothing shy of an asshole; like so many others, she had her own personal issues with the cruel man.

Parker brushed her long brown hair out of her face in one swift motion. The unruly waves were only irritating her in the present; perhaps it was her anxiety that she didn't want to admit to herself.

"What's going on?" Parker choked out, glancing over at the guard. Her light brown eyes held an unreadable expression, one that could only be characterized by anger and stress.

"Hold out your right arm," he ordered in a commanding voice, yet he was monotone and dull.

Parker glanced the man over quickly. "Two-nine-six? I'm Prisoner 296. I'm only sixteen." Parker was sure that this was an error of sorts.

Was she somewhat prepared to face death? She was probably more scared of life to be honest.

Was she going to let them kill her early? No way in literal hell.

"Shut up and hold out your arm," he ordered.

Parker's thoughts raced for a brief second. The man then seized her, grabbing her arm securely in his left hand. She jerked her arm away, but his grip was tight, and he was considerably stronger than her.

He then took his right hand, placing something over her wrist. He then squeezed it was the same hand, as it sent a slight stinging sensation through her arm. Prongs buried themselves into her wrist, as the band let out a quiet click. The man released her arm, glancing her over.

He noted her necklace but deemed it something irrelevant. He then took a step behind her, grabbing her right shoulder. He pushed forward.

Swiftly, Parker stomped on his foot with all her strength; his combat boots had a slightly hard toe. Regardless, the man's grip subconsciously loosened. "Bitch," the man muttered.

Parker took this as an opportunity, ducking out from under the man's hand. She then began to run towards the cell exit. She stopped for only a second at the entrance, glancing both ways. There was commotion in the hallways in front of her, across the way, and above and below.

All around her, fellow teenagers were being dragged out of their cells and being brought to an unknown place.

She then turned to the right, beginning to bolt down the hallway. In front of her, the path was congested. Despite this, she planned to do her best to weave in between the others.