49

"wake up, love." Matty gently shook Meg, trying to be quiet.

"babe, what time is it?" Meg asked, squinting her eyes.

"I don't know, to be honest." Matty smiled sheepishly, "I just want to show you something."

Meg smiles slightly, "What is it?"

"Put your shoes on." Matty grinned, watching as the girl slowly got up.

she kept on her leggings and the t-shirt she always borrowed from Matty, sliding on her shoes. Matty smiled, handing her jacket to her.

"Matty, it's 4am." She whispered as he took her hand.

"I'm aware, love." Matty replied, kissing the top of her head as they made their way down the streets of LA.

"How do you know where you're going?" Meg laughed, watching as Matty navigated through the streets.

"I practiced." He commented, wrapping his arm around her. He took his other hand and patted his back pocket, nearly sighing in relief. This whole thing would have been a bust if he forgot it.

Meg soon recognized their path, realizing they were heading to the beach. "Babe, what are we doing?"

"Just wait a few more minutes, love." Matty encouraged, unable to contain his wide smile.

Matty led her onto the sand, watching as she kept her eyes fixed on the moon. Matty let go of the girl, letting her take a few steps by herself. She turned around, confused.

"I was going to wait until tomorrow to do this, but i couldn't wait that long." Matty started, stepping a little closer to Meg.

"I have decided, that life would not be worth living if it wasn't with you. So, with that, Meg, will you marry me?"