It Takes Time To Evolve

I'm so sorry this took longer to update! I had an exam and I wrote the chapter in two days XD. Still, I hope you like it! This fic is getting more and more attention and I can't even thank you enough for all our lovely comments and favs. I love reading and seeing them! If you liked this chapter (a very important one I dare say) please consider leaving a comment!

------------------------------------------------

The freshness of the grass under her feet. The rustic scent of firewood and aromatic herbs, coming from her house not far away. The sound of singing voices, guitars, violins and drums. The light warmth of the autumn sun on her fragile skin. The indigo dress swirling around her body as she danced and laughed.

A voice called the child and, between laughs, the little girl ran away from it. She ran until her inexperienced legs failed and pushed her down, feeling the soft, damp ground embracing her. Still giggling, she rubbed her face. 

And when she lifted her head and opened her eyes, there it was.

The Hoia-Baciu forest.

Imposing. Scary.

That was why she had been banned from entering it. Ever.

"Mabel!" The named girl turned around, free from the enchanting sight of the woods. A dark haired and skinned woman walked towards her, wearing a blue and gold scarf around her head, a white blouse and a long, orange skirt. She held the hand of a girl who looked like Mabel, but dressed in yellow and with red curls instead of white ones. The kid let go of the woman's hand waved it high, trying to catch Mabel's attention.

"Sister, come back!". The adult laughed and placed the hand over her belly, which was currently carrying another life. The white haired girl ran towards them and throw herself in her sister's arm. 

"You know you can't go in there!"

"Don't worry, Stea. I'm not going anywhere. I just... I thought I heard something."

"What did you hear?" her sister asked her, curious.

Mabel looked back at the forest.

"A howl."

------------------------------------------------

"Hey...you okay?"Marcia's hand placed on her shoulder was enough to bring Mabel back, who instantly realized she had been day-dreaming. She gasped and nodded, trying not to alert the other two something was becoming very wrong inside her head. 

By thinking about better moments, she hoped she could keep the dark mist away.

"Guys, we have to think of a way out here." Claire stated when she saw Mabel was fully aware of the conversation. "I don't know if this fucker was trying to scare us and I don't care. We have to get out of here now."

"He was having a full conversation with himself." Marcia responded, almost in a whisper. "...And what was that line about "the food is waiting"?

"I don't think he's faking it either." Mabel intervened, pulling the hood over her head so she could hide her tired and worried grimace. "There are lots of mental disorders rarer than his."

"Well as I said, it doesn't matter! We have to go crazy on him and--"

The door suddenly opened, shutting up the three girls instantly. Dennis stood in front of them as he closed the door behind him, recognizable to Mabel due to his glasses and his dark clothes. He was carrying a bucket with several cleaning products and headed towards the bathroom.