II: The Truth?

"Repeat after me my grace. A, B, C, D~"

"Ey, Bee, See, Dee~"

The prince yawns tiredly for each alphabet he pronounces correctly.

"Can we take a bwake (break)?", the young prince asks politely, swinging both his small legs to and from the large chair.

His homeschool teacher raises a brow.

"But your grace, it's only been fifteen minutes since we started class?"

The young prince eyes him gleefully, a wide grin implanted on to his charming face, the pink gums from his teeth exposed.

"Pweety Pwease?"

The teacher crosses his arms.

"Alright, but only if you can recount the whole alphabet off by heart-"

"Easy pweasy!", laughed the young monarch with gratification, waving both arms in the air lively.

"And also, I'll be asking you to spell a few difficult words.", the teacher claimed, rubbing out the alphabet on the chalkboard.

"Will that be alright your highness?"

Feeling doubtful of his ability to spell unfamiliar words made him anxious, yet he wasn't prepared to lose and stay any longer in this lonesome and dull room.

The prince nods his head assertively.

"Yes, that's okay.."

His distinct expression made the teacher grin tenderly at him.

"You can recite the alphabet whenever you are ready my prince."

The young heir closes his eyes and takes a big breath. As soon as he exhales the air within, he commences rapidly with his alphabet.

His voice croaky at first but soon gains his confidence back as he recalls each letter with pride.

"Excellent."

The future king beams with great ecstasy.

"Now, are you prepared to be tested on your knowledge of spelling?"

He nods his head vigorously.

"Ye-ah!"

YoU cAn Do dIs!

"What is the spelling of-"

The teacher suddenly freezes at the sight of Beelzebub sauntering his way to the room unexpectedly.

"Sorry to cut class short, but I'll be needing prince Yuichi for today."

"Saved by the bell.", sighs the sedate teacher.

Beelzebub glances down at his nephew, eyes glittering as his small hand grasps his.

"Let's go unc-lul!"

With all his strength, his forces a pull on his uncle's hand. Beelzebub follows his nephews tiny footsteps, simultaneously being dragged aggressively.

"I'll see you tomorrow my prince. Do not think I will let your spelling test slip by."

The two had already left before the prince could even hear his teacher's warning.