Chapter 4

It was the morning after and Rebecca was wide awake, laying on her bed and staring at the ceiling she's looked at oh so many times before. Lovestruck eyes, heartbroken eyes and dull eyes are the most prominent types she remembers when she stared at the ceiling.
She wanted to stay in bed and just call the meetup off but she promised. And she never broke promises. So, Rebecca got up, stretching a little before grabbing her towel and heading to the bathroom, deciding that a shower would be great at the moment.

About half an hour later Rebecca was out of the shower and had her clothes on, her hair a mess that she fixed soon after. She checked the time with a quiet hum, going to the living room and sitting down on the couch. She was content at the moment.

Until her phone rang.

Her heartbeat quickened as she checked the contact, biting her lip slightly as she saw the name she dreaded yet still loved.
Rose.
She couldn't help but pick up.
--
"What is it now?"

"Good morning to you too Rebecca. And don't be so mean to me love, I'm just trying to be nice."

"Sorry. But honestly, I don't know why I agreed on meeting up with you, Rose."

--
It's because you still love her, don't you remember? All the good times you had…or at least thought you had. She was just using you. But you didn't care. Actually, you still don't care. Now just get her back.
--

"-becca? Rebecca, were you listening to me?"

"Uh, what? No, I zoned out, sorry."

"Oh. Well, just wanted to make sure that you didn't forget when and where you'd meet me. And that you wouldn't ditch me because of course you wouldn't do that..right?"

"I didn't forget. It's the cafe near the park we g- went to and around lunch…and who knows? Maybe I would."

--
It seemed that Rose ignored the last sentence because all she replied with, was:
--

"Wonderful. I'll see you there sweety."

--
Then, Rose just hung up without letting Rebecca say anything else. Rebecca sighed, shaking her head at her stupidity before getting up from the couch she sat on. A coffee sounded really nice right now. It could get her mind off of the names Rose kept calling her.
So she went to the kitchen to make some breakfast and a cup of coffee.

She was sitting down at the table, just about to start eating when she received a text message. It was from her friend Emily.
--

Em: Yooo wanna meet up today, like, for lunch?

Becca: I can't, today. Sorry Em. Tomorrow maybe?

Em: Ohh, do you have a date? ;)) With who? And don't call me Em, I told you to keep the 'ily' cause I luv u

Becca: Well, not really a date you could say..

Becca: And ew, no I don't love you lmao

Em: Oww you hurt mee

Em: And bih, wtf do you mean with 'not really a date' spill the beans

Becca: I'm gonna meet up with Rose.
Read 8:21 am

--
There was no response for a moment, Rebecca deciding to turn her phone off so she could eat again before an avalanche of notification sounds came from her phone, her phone ringing and dinging every few seconds, which made Rebecca grab her phone again and look at what Emily had to say.
--

Em: WHAT

Em: W H A T

Em: REBECCA FRICKING KINE, YOU KNOW THAT THIS IS A MISTAKE, ISTG CALL ME

Em: IF YOU DON'T REPLY TO ME IN A SECOND, I WILL SPAM YOU AND CALL YOU
Read 8:33 am

Em: Oh, what're you gonna do? Just read these messages? I NEED AN EXPLANATION WOMAN.

Becca: Calm your tits, I'm just going out to grab lunch. It's nothing romantic anyways. Plus, I'm over her, I told you already.

Em: I can sniff the lies from here. You still like her. Should I be your spy? Should I spy on you two while you eat? I can pay attention to Rose and bitch slap her if you want me to

Becca: …That won't be necessary. I'm just gonna eat some lunch with her at a cafe and that's it.

Em: Alright but if anything happens, call me cause I don't want you to turn back into that mindless slave for Rose.

Becca: Yes, I promise. But anyway, we can meet up for lunch tomorrow, yeah?

Em: Sure, can't wait, see ya

Becca: Byee
Read 8:38 am

--
Once Rebecca finished texting Emily, her breakfast and coffee were cold. But she ate it nonetheless, it was fine.

Skip to a few hours later and it was around lunch time, Rebecca giving herself a pep talk before heading out to meet Rose once again. Was she excited? She wasn't sure. She really didn't know.