Chapter 5

Rebecca headed out of her house, sighing as she walked to the park where she and Rose used to walk around. It was a nice day, the park was comfortably quiet but Rebecca didn't really enjoy it. It brought back too many memories.

Remember when you two were walking around here and you asked her to be your girlfriend underneath that tree?

Rebecca turned her head to the left, seeing the beautiful oak tree that they were under when Rebecca asked Rose to be her girlfriend. She had thought that Rose liked her, just as much as Rebecca liked Rose but oh, how terribly wrong she was.
But Rebecca didn't want to think about this, all of this, anymore, rushing through the park and making her way to the small cafe. She couldn't rush quick enough though, seeing more…remembering more.

Oh and that ice cream parlour! Your first 'date'! But Rose never enjoyed that, did she?

Rebecca glanced at the small shop that you could see outside of the park, stopping in her tracks as she stared at it for a minute or two before slowly walking again.

Look over there! Your picnic date was over there. You thought that you two were enjoying yourselves… You were, Rose wasn't. She merely looked at her phone and picked at the food you had prepared.

Rebecca's eyes wandered over to the right, seeing the nice open field where they had their picnic.
She didn't want to remember.
At the time she always thought that she was making Rose happy but now she realized that Rose was never really happy or interested during those times.
Of course Rose did enjoy herself for the first few weeks of their relationship but everything just turned so dull after.
Rebecca looked away, seeing the cafe in the distance.

This cafe is so good, don't you miss meeting up with Rose here in the early morning when you were too bored at home? Or when you'd randomly just meet here because you couldn't handle your parents?

Rebecca sighed, looking at the small building before she shook her head and entered.

There she was. The most beautiful girl Rebecca has ever met.
Rose Valleys.
How could someone so beautiful be so mean?

She just stood there, looking at Rose before she noticed Rose smiling at her waving her over to a table in the back, near a window.
The seat they always sat at…
The drinks were already ordered and paid. Did Rose try and make a good impression? She didn't know. All she could hear was Rose.

"Hello Rebecca. It's wonderful to see you again."