uno | part two

I don't really like this one but oh well, I might edit it later on

•●•●•●•

hyunjin whimpered softly, the only other sound in the living room being the soft buzzing of the near silent television. his cheeks were tight from dried tears, a burning behind his eyes and his lids drooping with fatigue. his arms were wrapped around his middle, curled into himself as if trying to hide from the world. he ducked his head even more when he heard the door click open and the muffled laugh from outside becoming clear. he could hear a small "shut up" in felix's deep voice and a yelp from woojin after he was most likely punched in the arm.

"hyunjinnie! sungie! we're back get yourselves decent"
hyunjin let out another choked whimper at jisungs name, hand slapping over his mouth as he hears footsteps approaching the sofa.
"jinnie?" woojin's voice rings softly through the room before his face appears over the top of the couch, followed by felix's. hyunjin knows his face is probably red and puffy, obvious that he has been crying even from a mile away. he clenches his eyes shut when felix let's out a gasp and tries to curl in even more on himself, feeling pathetic as hell.

when woojin tries to run a hand through his hair hyunjin flinches, eyes flying open to see him and felix crouched beside the couch. he feels shame wash over him at the soft looks of pity and confusion on their faces. felix's eyebrows furrow and he catches hyunjin's eye.
"where's jisung?"

hyunjin feels his eyes fill with water and he let's out a hoarse sob into his hand, ducking his head into his knees. he hears some shuffling and then he is pulled into someone's embrace, the soft shushing in his ears identifying them as woojin, felix's hand taking his own. he sobs into woojin's shoulder for a few minutes, but it feels like hours, soft words of encouragement and gentle reminders of their presence being muttered while he clings to the front of woojin's shirt.

when he finally pulls back, head pounding and fingers aching from clenching the fabric, he apologises for soaking the shoulder of woojin's shirt which is quickly brushed off. felix's free hand makes it's way into his hair accompanied by a soft "it's okay jinnie, it's all okay". after a few moments, the questions finally come.

"jinnie, what happened? where's jisung?"
hyunjin bites down on his lip. avoiding eye contact. he opens his mouth to answer but nothing comes out. he has to force his vocal cords to actually work, voice cracking on the first syllable.
"he's sleeping at his boyfriend's house tonight"
there's a beat of silence before a flustered "what" slips out of felix's mouth. hyunjin meets his eyes and repeats himself.
" I said he's sleeping over at his boyfriend's house for tonight"

woojin's arms tighten around his torso but hyunjin's eyes don't leave felix's as the australian's eyes narrow, hand in his hair and the hand holding his own pulled back. felix's mouth opens before it closes again, pursed as his head tilts slightly and it opens again.
"he's obviously not in the room so I don't know what you're talking about"

hyunjin's face dulls and he stares at felix with dead eyes. "of course he isn't, unless he's dating any of you guys because he's not dating me"
felix glances at woojin who had been watching their exchange carefully. they meet eyes and seem to have some sort of silent conversation that hyunjin doesn't understand. when felix's eyes meet hyunjin's again they are softer but no less confused.

"jinnie? can you tell us what jisung said to you?"
woojin's soft voice prompts hyunjin to shift his gaze over to him, seeing only concern in his eyes. hyunjin's throat closes up as he recalls the words jisung had uttered before his haste exit and his eyes once again fill with tears. he blinks them away, averting his gaze.

"that he lied about working in the studio, that there hasn't been any nights sleeping on the couch or any writer's block. he said he had been spending that time hooking up with him, that it's why he suddenly changed his phone password after so long. he was going to do it this saturday after jeongin's birthday but I tried to give him a promise ring so it messed up his plans. then he said that we are over and left. when i asked him where he was going he said he was going to stay over with that guy"

when hyunjin finally looked back up woojin's face was full of shock and confusion, but felix's was unreadable. he was staring at hyunjin as if he was debating something before he suddenly stood up, causing both woojin and hyunjin to jump in surprise. woojin followed quickly, straightening up and grabbing felix's shoulder when he started to walk away.
"lix where on earth are you going? it's dark outside, it's dangerous and you'll catch a cold"

felix's eyes were determined, however and he brought the hand on his shoulder down, intertwining their fingers and squeezing woojin's hand once before letting it go.
"I'll be back in the morning, I have something I need to do but I'll call you in an hour and keep you updated, okay? don't worry about me, just look after hyunjin."

woojin didn't look any more relaxed as his eyes searched felix's, hand hanging at his side. as hyunjin's eyes flicked between them he couldn't help but recognise the feelings so often found in himself displayed on woojin's face. he wondered if his heart was so obvious when he looked at jisung. he was dragged out of his thoughts when felix placed his hands on woojin's cheeks and pressed a quick kiss to his forehead, reaching with some difficulty on the tops of his toes. he smiled reassuringly and determinedly before he turned and left, grabbing his coat and slipping on his shoes before slipping out the door.

hyunjin laughed softly, eyeing woojin frozen in place in front of him. his heart ached at the display of affection and care between two of his best friends, memories of him and jisung in similar situations flooding his mind, but he was still amused by the starstruck look adorning the face of the eldest. he pulled the blanket up, leaving an open space beside him on the couch.
"you might want to sit down before you collapse"

woojin's eyes snapped back to hyunjin, huffing slightly as he fell back against the cushions and hyunjin dropping the blanket back over him. hyunjin dropped his head on woojin's shoulder, letting out a defeated sigh. the elders arm wrapped around his shoulders and held him close, leaning his own head on hyunjin's.
"thanks for having my back hyunjinnie, but I think I've already fallen hard enough"

the younger scoffed and couldn't help the small grin on his face. "you've got that one right, but no need to be so ungrateful"
the smile faded with another deep sigh. he pulled the blanket closer to himself and closed his eyes. they ached a little behind his heavy lids.

"i guess that makes two of us then"

woojin makes a small noise of agreement before he starts humming gently. the tune of lost stars resonates softly in his ear, the elder's voice sweet as ever. it lulls him to sleep as he slowly fades into unconsciousness.

•●•●•●•

also idk where woojin/felix came from, it kinda just happened. I don't really have any specific ships so they will probably change throughout different stories.