Chapter 1: You Come Back, Like I Knew U Would

So I'm no longer a freshman..but a sophomore. Fun. And now there's gonna be even more bad things about high school. But there's still Kenton...and Shawn. Speaking of Shawn...
BUZZ-
SHAWN: u ready for school tmrw?
ME: no, r u ready to be a junior?
SHAWN: not really
ME: good luck shawnito
SHAWN: u too cam
~SHAWN'S POV~
Wish me luck, Cam. All AP classes..death.
--NEXT MORNING AT SCHOOL--
"You're gonna be a fine as a junior, Shawn," Camila assures me.
"Yes, with all AP classes.." I sigh, as I look up.
"What-" Camila cuts herself off,"..there's already a fight?"
I shrug, "By tomorrow, everyone will forget about it."
"I doubt that," Camila says, as she pushes through the crowd, getting a closer view.
~CAMILA'S POV~
Woah, this is more intense than Shawn's fight.
I watched as two dudes, a junior and a senior, fought recklessly in the hall next to the bathroom.
"Tommy! Tommy!!" Boys chanted as the senior threw a punch at the other guy.
"This'll teach you to talk back." He said, on top of the senior.
"It wasn't right." The senior, Colson, exclaimed, sitting up and dodging Tommy's fist. "You shouldn't treat a girl like that."
"That's what guys who don't get laid say." Tommy yelled, launching his foot into Colson's no-no spot.
"No, that's what guys with balls say." Colson replied, lunging at him and tackling him to the ground. "So grow a pair."
Tommy shoves Colson to the ground, and he fell to the ground, and his face was red with fury. "You'll get what you deserve, faggot."
He looks like he was going to pass out.
~Colson's POV~
The crowd clears up..except for this short, brunette. Freshman..?
Lights out.
~SHAWN'S POV~
~BEL RINGS~
"Camila, I think it's time we head to class.." I tap on her shoulder.
She nods and geets up, giving the senior one sympetic look.
~LUNCH~
"I know you're there, Camila," I giggle, looking behind me to see Camila.
She gives me a fake smile.
"What's wrong?" I see through her fake smile.
She sighs,"..I feel guilty for leaving the senior there..."
"I'm sure he's fine now," I assure her, as she has her eyes drawn to the side of the line.
"Speaking of.." She murmurs, as I turn to see the senior, Colson, in the side of the line, walking to another guy. "His lip looks pretty busted...and his head-"
Flashbacks to my fight with Austin...
~CAMILA'S POV~ @ KENTON
"You ready to meet the new addition to your band?" Danielle asks as I was standing right beside her, as a a really tall, familiar blonde dude walked in through the door.
"Is that him?" I ask her, as I look at the dude.
She nods. "I think you can head back in a few..Ms. Maxwell isn't here. So I guess you can just warm up and head in the band room."
I nod. My eyes turn back to the dude..Colson. He looks up and our eyes meet.
~Colson's POV~
She looks familiar. Wait..she's the freshman brunette from this morning-
She walks over and sits next to me," Hey. I'm Camila. You're joining our band, right?"
I nod," I'm Colson..but you know that already.."
"About this morning..--" She bites her lip.
"It's fine-" I tell her," fights happen all the time.."
She nods," yep, welcome to highschool."
I laugh,"So how's it like being freshman-"
She gives me a straight face," Looks like I'm still a freshman-"
"Ohh, you're a..sophomore, right?-my bad," I chuckle.
"What was your deal with that junior?" She crosses her legs.
"You have a nice a**," Tommy tells the girl in front of me, as we were standing in the commons.
"Um, he kinda said something to a girl which I thought wasn't really a compliment, so I taught him a lesson," I adjust my throat.
She nods," Well I better get warming up before our rehearsal.."
"See you later," I say, as my new guitar teacher, Mr. Mavis, calls for me to come back.
~BAND REHEARSAL~
"Everyone meet Colson, who is our new band member!" Michael introduces me, as everyone turns to face me, including Camila. Our eyes meet, once again.
~AFTER BAND REHEARSAL~
"You didn't sound bad for your first time here," Camila compliments, as we were walking down the hallway to the waiting area.
"Thanks. You sounded pretty good for my first time hearing you," I compliment back, as she shoots me a smile.
~CAMILA'S POV~
This is usually Shawn's cue.
He goes silent,"..I know we just met, and I have a feeling that you don't like me very much...--"

"Oh no, you're fine, Shawn..Mendes," I tease.

"Anyways, since your mom isn't here..can I offer you a ride?" He offers me.

"Um, I think she's coming," I say, as I check my phone to see a text from my mom.

~BUZZ~

~Mom~ sorry honey. Got caught in meeting. Can u take uber?

Wow, Mom.

I look up at Shawn, putting my phone away,"I guess. But just know, usually I don't really take rides from strangers.." He opens the door as we both exit.

"If you need a ride-" Colson changes the subject.
"Oh, no, I'm fine. My friend is on his way," I tell him with a chuckle.
"Boyfriend, huh?" I develop a smirk.
I laugh and shake my head," Best friend, actually."
"So does that mean you're available..?" He jokes.
I chuckle and put away my phone," Well, he's here..see you later?"
He nods," Definitely."
~SHAWN'S POV~
"Who was that--was that the senior..Colson?" I ask Camila, as she sits in the passenger seat.
She nods.
"How'd it go?-less awkward than I hope," I ask her.
"Pretty well, actually," She develops a faint smile. "He's chill."
"I doubt a chill person would be in a fight, Camila," I giggle.
~Colson's POV~
I hope she doesn't think I'm some creep...
Me: hey
Camila: hey
~CAMILA'S POV~
Colson: whats up?
At this point..I don't even care how they got my number.
"So how was your day, Shawn?" I fill in the empty silence.