Chapter 11: Am I Out Of My Head?

~CAMILA'S POV~
"So what're you doing here?" I ask him back," seeing from your car, it seems like you didn't plan on coming to the park."
"And then I saw my girlfriend alone at the park, looking lonely," he smiles as I develop a smile.
"Shawn was here earlier.." My smile slowly fades.
"Oh, where'd he go?" He asks, as I bit my lip thinking about what happened earlier.
"You know, had to go talk to his girl," I chuckle, as Colson awes.
"Ah, I see," he nods.
"But like, really, why are you really here?" I change the subject.
"Because," he develops a smile and grabs my hand,"..I wanted to see my girl."
I develop a smile, trying not to blush.
"So you wanna go and get something to eat or anything?" He asks, as we both get off the swings.
"Sure," I say, as we walk to his parked car," where?"
"Wherever you want," Colson says, as he lets go of my hand to open the door for me and closes it.
"How about the first diner we pass?" I jokingly suggest," you look kinda hungry."
"I could use a good burger about now," he chuckles, as he starts driving out of the community.
~ALESSIA'S POV~
"I knew it," Shawn exclaims, as he sighs, in relief.
"Are you still obsessing over Colson..why can't you just be happy for them-" I roll my eyes.
"Look, the heart tattoo isn't a heart," Shawn shows me what he pulled up on his computer.
"Seven Seven," I mumur,"..a drug company. And their logo-"
Shawn looks at me with a concerned look.
"Well, maybe he's changed," I shrug, as he shoots me a disrespectful look.
"That still doesn't change the fact that he still has a tatto associated with a drug company," he shoots back.
Shawn, if Camila's happy. I don't know what's the problem...
"So how'd you like Kissing Booth 2?" I ask him, as he slowly develops a smile.
"Stop tryin' to change the subject," he tries to hide his blushing and embraces me in a hug.
~COLSON'S POV~
"Finally," I sigh, staring dreamily at my burger," my burger."
Camila giggles," Stop."
"Wait, do you want anything-" I turn my attention back to Camila.
"No," she tries holding in her smile," you want ketchup with that, Kells?"
"Of course, Camilita," I call her my her nickname, as I open the burger.
She points the ketchup bottle at me, as I drop the burger on my plate with my hands up.
"I'm kidding," she giggles, as she squirts a ton of ketchup on the burger," or am I..?" She smirks, breaking into a laugh.
"Very funny," I sigh, unamused, as I bite into my burger.
"So how is it?" She asks in between her coughs, as I drop the burger on my plate in disgust," too much ketchup?"
I nod, as I try to resist the endless taste of ketchup of my tongue, developing a face in disgust. "But you ok? You've been coughing ever since we left the park."
"It's just allergies," she shrugs, as she covers another cough with her elbow.
"Sir, I hope you enjoyed the burger," the waitress comes over to our booth.
I nod reluctantly, seeing Camila developing a smile from the corner of my eye.
"Anything else or is that it?" The waitress shoots me a smile.
"Yup. That's all. Thank you," I give her a reassuring smile.
"Great. I'll be back with your bill," she says, as she walks off to the get the final bill.
Great, I don't even have $1. And I can't ask Camila..
"You broke Kells?" Camila smirks, as she checks her purse and looks up, nervously," 'cause I'm broke too..."
I look around, seeing the waitress nowhere in sight.
I look back at Camila, who bites her thumb, trying to act edgy," Let's go."
We both get up in sync, grabbing each other's hand, obliviously, and run out of the dinner.
What did I just-I'm becoming the guy that Shawn thought I was. Maybe I'm not a good guy for Cam...
~CAMILA'S POV~
Did we actually just dine and dash? I never expected this to be the kind of excitement in my life, but..I feel so free...
We release our grasp on our hands, quickly parting in seperate ways to get into Kells' car and he starts the engine, quickly driving out of the dining parking lot.
"Kells, I can't believe we actually," I let out a sneeze," did that!"
"Are you sure you're ok?" Kells asks me, looking very concerning at me, driving out of the dinner parking lot.
"I think it's just-" I cover my mouth with my arm to cough," allergies."
"More like a cold," I hear Kells murmurs.
---
"Seriously?" I chuckle, he puts the shopping bag down on the floor," medicine?"
"I don't like seeing you this way," he gets the medicine bottle out of the bag, twisting it open and grabs a spoon out of the bag too. He dips the spoon into the bottle, signaling for me to open my mouth.
"You don't have to-" I tell him, as the spoon comes closer to my mouth. I finally give in, opening my mouth for the spoon to go in my mouth. I swallow it down, as Kells hands me a water bottle.
I shoot him a look, as he smiles back.
He pulls up from the parking lot, as I slowly close my eyes, zoning out.
---
~COLSON'S POV~
"Cam, you awake?" I whisper in her ear, she has eyes closed and asleep.
I should've known she'd go to sleep....she looks so peaceful.
---
~SHAWN'S POV~
Colson: can u come over & pick up camila?
"If Colson ends up being an actual good guy, you're gonna feel bad," Alessia reminds me, raising her eyebrow at me with her arms crossed.
"Why would a drug dealer be a good person?" I ask her again.
Alessia chuckles and facepalms," Well I'm gonna go now and leave you to obsess over your...junk."
"I'm walking you, Sia," I follow her out the door and close the door behind me.
She smiles, looking back at me, I smile back as I interwine our fingers together.
---
And now to deal with that drug dealer.
~COLSON'S POV~
"Sleepyhead, wake up," I say in a mild ranged voice and sigh, as she still doesn't reply. "Camila Cabello is here!"
She instantly gets up, ignoring the sleepiness in her eyes," Where?"
I burst out into laughter, as she snickers," I hate you so much."
"I know," I chuckle.
"Wait, but what happened..? She sits up with her legs crossed, untangling herself from the blanket, I sit on the unraveled blanket next to her," the last thing I remembered is taking that cold-cough medicine..Ohh," Cam figures out what happened.
"..I didn't think wanna wake you up..so yeah," I give her a light hearted smile.
She turns to face me and smiles," Thanks, Kells."
~DOORBELL RINGS~
"Who could that be?" Camila asks, I develop a smile, going to the door to invite Shawn in.
"Come on, Camila. Let's go," Shawn tells Camila, as she shoots him a confused look.
"What're you doing here, Shawnito?" She asks me, as he looks at me.
"To get you away from this drug dealer-" He points his finger at me, turning his attention back to Camila.
"He's not-" Camila argues for me, as she interwines our fingers together.
"Seven Seven, sound familar, Colson?" Shawn shoots me some attitude," that tattoo isn't just a tattoo. It's a symbol..he's working with Seven Seven, which is a drug company."
"Is this true, Kells?" Camila looks back at me, concerned.
"Look, it wasn't my choice to do all this-" I sigh, as she looks deeply into my eyes.
"Camila, let's go," Shawn grabs Camila's hand, making her get up from her sitting position on the couch. She shoots me a sympethic look, as she and Shawn walk out.
If I told you the truth, maybe none of this would've happened...
---
~CAMILA'S POV~
It was a mistake to think that Shawn would even like Colson in the first place...
"Was that really necessary?" I angrily get out of Shawn's car, as he gets out after me.
"He was gonna hurt you! He's a-" Shawn shots back.
"He WAS a drug dealer," I defend Kells. "And actually, he was taking care of me!"
"I wouldn't call kidnapping "taking care" of someone," he snickers.
"Why do you always assume the worst about people?" I angrily ask him.
"Date anyone else besides Colson," he suggests," like..David Green."
"That's like you saying that you prefer Austin over Colson!"
"They're about the same level..a drug dealer and a cheater."
"Can't you just be happy for me? Instead of worrying about bad things that might not even happen?!"
"How can I when you're literally dating a drug dealer?!"
"If you let him finish his story, maybe we would know why-"
"Honestly, Camila, I don't even know what to say anymore," he sighs, frustrated," .. you're so dumb."
We break apart, as Shawn looks into my eyes and holding my shoulders," Why would I think that my best friend is dumb?" He quietly asks me. "I told you, I rather be a loser with you than a winner with them."

I try to hold back a tear, as I turn my back to Shawn, about to walk up my driveway.

"Camila, I just don't want you to get hurt or disappointed. But you can't have both of us in your life. It's either me or him."

Shawn, I don't even know what to think of you anymore...

~SHAWN'S POV~

Why did I call her dumb-why did I even threaten our friendship? I wish Camila can just think before she does something like dating a drug dealer.

Alessia: u screwed up didn't u?

Me: somewhat

Alessia: the truth shawn

Me: screwed up big time

~COLSON'S POV~

If I'd told Camila about this sooner, then maybe Shawn would hate a little less right now. And Camila probably hates me now.

Camila: sorry about shawn gn <3

Or not.