4.

Quinn darted round the top of the quidditch pitch at top speed, on her ninth lap. It was Quidditch practice, and Eli always just made her do stamina training while the others did exercises below. He did this because he knew she worked best alone, which was fine because there was only one seeker in a team and they didn't work with anyone else.

After 5 laps Eli would release the snitch to Quinn who would stop from racing round the pitch to catch the snitch, and then they would repeat this until the end of training.

It was very difficult not to watch Quinn when she played quidditch, it was just captivating. Maybe that's why James Potter found himself sitting in the stands by the pitch watching. He just couldn't stay away from her.

But Quinn hadn't noticed him. She continued with her training up in the sky.

It had been two and a half weeks since the start of term, and everyone was finally settling into a routine in this new school.

After another half hour training had finished, and Quinn finally flew to the ground to meet the rest of her team. Eli gave them a brief talk before dismissing them to the changing rooms, and that's when she finally noticed James.

What on earth was he doing?

When everyone jogged to the changing rooms she went the complete opposite direction over to James.

He stood up when she approached him. He signed, Hi. This might look weird, I promise that I'm not stalking you.

I didn't think you were but now you mention it...she signed back with a playful grin on her face.

Shut up, He signed with a laugh, and by they way you were really good out there. I'm pretty nervous to play you now, you know I'm a seeker too?

Of course. That's just great.

I didn't know that, but now I do I'm even more excited to beat you, Quinn signed.

No you wouldn't be able to, James said with a joking arrogance, I'm the best.

You sure? Quinn asked, stepping towards him.

Positive. Now I'll let you get changed, but meet me by our spot when you're done, James signed and jogged away before she could ask where the fuck their spot is.

Their spot? They've only spoken once before! Ohh yeah, the wall by the courtyard. That makes sense.

She started walking to the changing rooms, a smile on her face that she couldn't seem to get rid of. They had a spot. That's so cute.

And then she looked up to see her three best friends standing there...they looked like she had just murdered someone.

Who was that boy? Eli asked.

His name is James, Quinn signed back, very confused.

You do know he's the hogwarts seeker? Faith angrily signed.

Yes I do...Quinn signed unsurely.

He's the enemy you idiot! Tia signed.

Yeah, you can't be friends with him. You can't even talk to him, Faith signed.

What? Why? Quinn asked frustratedly.

Like Tia said, he's the enemy. We can't be fraternising with the enemy. You can't talk to him again, Eli told her.

But I want to talk to him! Quinn said.

I don't care, Eli signed bluntly to her.

So rude.

Quinn glared at them before pushing past them to the changing rooms.

When she entered the room she quickly threw on a change of clothes: high-waisted jeans with a tied up, stripy shirt revealing a sliver of her toned stomach that she had gotten from all the quidditch. It was very 70s.

She took her hair out of it's bun and brushed it through, she had to look good. She wasn't sure why she had to look good but she did.

She liked this boy.

She shoved her stuff in a locker because she had training the next morning. Then she left the room, a spring in her step.

She bumped into a tall figure as she walked out of the door. She fell on the floor painfully, squinting her eyes up to see who she had walked into.

It was James.

He signed to her quickly, sorry, there were a few teachers hanging round our spot so I thought I'd just come wait for you.

It's okay, she said with a pained smile.

He held out a dark hand which she gladly took.

Woh.

His hand was soft and warm and as soon as he pulled her up she felt something strange in her stomach. He kept a strong hold of her hand, even when she was fully stood up. Their eyes locked, green to brown, and Quinn felt like she could melt into a puddle there and then.

James let go of her hand after a moment, and tilted his head to the side as if to tell her to follow him that way.

She smiled and walked with him into the castle. She felt strange about how comfortable she was with him after a couple of weeks of knowing each other.

You know it's almost curfew? Aren't you worried we'll get in trouble? Quinn asked.

I'm not worried, James signed back to her, a smirk playing on his lips.

Okay, well I trust you, Quinn signed.

Good, He quickly said, before grabbing her hand and pulling her through a dark corridor.

She felt a cool wind rushing past her face as they ran through the hallway. Okay, now she was starting to feel a bit afraid of what was actually going to happen to her.

And then he pulled her behind an old statue of this strange witch...what the heck?

She could just make out his face from the glowing of his wand when he tapped the statue as he cast a spell. Then suddenly the back of the statue parted from the wall and formed an entrance for them to walk through. Again, what the heck?

The corridor behind the statue was, thank merlin, well lit by various lanterns dotted around.

What is this? Quinn asked James as he shut the entrance behind them.

They began to walk through the tunnel, but kept their eyes on each other so they could talk.

James explained, this tunnel leads to an amazing sweet shop in the village by the school. My plan is we go to the shop, stock up, and come back here. I was gonna just hang out with you tonight but I saw what your friends were saying to you when I came back to remind you where our spot actually is.

I'm confused, Quinn signed to him.

Let me explain. I know that we can't be seen hanging out anymore, so I thought we could convert this tunnel into a hidden place where we can just hang out and talk and eat sweets. Sound good? James signed.

Quinn stopped walking and looked at him. He was so sweet, she couldn't handle it.

So, she hugged him.

Like properly hugged him. She stepped forward, wrapped her arms round his waist and pulled him close to her. He was so warm and strong, she really never wanted to let go.

She could feel him tense up for a second, before he relaxed into her and wrapped his own arms around her.

After a few seconds Quinn pulled away with a small smile on her face.

Let's go, she signed.