11.

When Quinn returned to Hogwarts it was the morning of the match. And Eli was pissed.

But to be honest she was kind of glad he was pissed at her, it was a distraction for both of them from the kiss.

As she jogged into the tent she felt a million thoughts rushing through her head as she recounted the previous week. Everything was okay, her Mom would be okay.

Would she?

She couldn't focus on that now.

She caught Eli's blue eyes as he shot her the dirtiest look he could have mustered, which made her gulp and quickly look away. Shit. She reached into her bag and slipped on her quidditch jersey as she turned away from Eli. Her heart raced in her chest, she had to fix this. They had twenty minutes until the match started, she needed to talk to him.

Taking a deep breath Quinn turned around and walked over purposefully to Eli. Without any communication, she grabbed his hand and led him outside the tent.

When they got outside she stood opposite him but he avoided her eye contact, even though she still had a firm grip on his hand. She sighed and pulled him into a hug. He stiffened at first but after a moment he relented and hugged her back.

After a few seconds she pulled away and signed to him, I'm sorry I only arrived today. I'm really sorry.

It's okay, I'm sorry I was mad, I'm just nervous for the match. Is your Mom alright? Eli asked.

She will be, thank you, Quinn signed with a small smile.

A moment passed as it looked like he was contemplating something, before he began to sign about the kiss...

What kiss? Quinn said.

Thank you, Eli signed, I just value you too much as a friend to let this get in the way.

You're an idiot but I love you, now come here, She pulled him into another hug.

She felt his body shake with a laugh, which caused an immediate grin to spread across her face.

Now, let's win this, Eli signed as he pulled back.

She smiled and nodded before going to follow him back into the tent, but was stopped by a pair of green eyes staring her down.

James.

He was sitting on a bench by his tent, but his eyes were coldly fixated on her.

She walked over to him, happy to see him after a week.

Hi! How are you? She signed.

He looked at her for a moment, and shook his head before walking away to go back into the Hogwarts tent.

Um what?

What just happened?

Why was he ignoring her?

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, but decided to just talk to him during the match. Right now she had to get back to her team.

When she walked into the tent she took her place next to Eli as they stood ready to fly out onto the pitch.

She cleared her head. Focus, Quinn. This match is important.

If they won this match then they would have a secured place in the next round of the tournament. They did the ranking by amount of points, plus an additional hundred points if you win a match. Ilvermorny was thirty points behind Durmstrang, who were first place right now. Hogwarts were one place behind Ilvermorny, and the American team didn't want anybody overtaking them.

They mounted their brooms and kicked off into the sky, soon followed by the Hogwarts team.

The game started and she immediately flew over to James as they both knew they would have to wait for either of their teams to get a high score before they caught the snitch.

Why are you ignoring me? She asked.

You know why, He said, then flew away from her.

But she didn't. She had no clue what was going on.

She joined him on the other side of the pitch, much to his annoyance. She saw the score, 40-70 to Hogwarts already...damn, they were good.

I don't know what I've done, She told him.

Really? He asked.

Yes! She replied.

I saw you- But then his attention was caught by a flash of gold in the distance.

He darted off, quickly followed by Quinn.

As she flew behind him, she couldn't help but wonder what on earth he was going to say. What did he see?

What could she have possible done that would make him mad at her??

Oh.

No that can't be it.

And only then she realised, she realised why he was mad.

He was glaring when he was obviously watching her and Eli...maybe he saw them kiss.

He thinks she's with Eli.

Fuck.