Chapter 1 (h/c= hair color)

You pushed the blueberry coloured car door open as your h/c hair flowed in the summer wind, and staring up at the building that was Addison apartments, you knew this was gonna be a great 500 days of summer. (that's a reference btw) your younger brother Ashton as well stepped out of the car, looking quite bored until he saw the huge building in front of his eyes.
"Woah! Is this where we're staying dad?"
"You bet. Isn't it great?" your father was always the enthusiastic type, as he put his hands on his hips looking up at the place, smiling.
"What about you, y/n? Don't you think it's great?" your father asked, whipping around to you.
"It's..well..as long as you think it's great I think it's great", you smiled, stretching your arm over to your other arm awkwardly.
"That's the spirit", your dad said before you trailed off, thinking about how much better your life might be here, after a situation occurred where you had an abusive step mother, luckily your dad figured out about it and put an end to it. But you were still traumatized and had to go to therapy along with Ashton for a while. But you were better now, and Addison apartments would be a fresh new start for you. Not to mention in Colorado, where you moved from, you only had one close friend, so this would also be a good chance to make new friends. Little did you know, you would meet someone who held a special place in your heart for a while after that..