[ 2 ] - Lol, how am I not dead ?

I felt wind rushing from behind me. The ruffling sound of air zipping past my ears. My eyes slowly pried themselves open as I found the blue cloudy sky through the haziness of my awakening. Once my vision corrected itself I looked to my left and right, finding myself spiraling to the ground that awaited me below.

Flailing about in the air I let out a scream right before impact. Everything went dark.... But I wasn't dead.

Lifting my head from the concrete, I reopen my eyes much to my own surprise. I began inspecting my body. Arms, legs, head, all accounted for. "I-I'm alive!" I exclaim.

"Unfortunately." A voice responds from behind me.

Whipping back my head, my eyes land on a female with fair skin and long blonde hair. Her eyes were closed as her face sported a pout, almost as if she was disappointed.

Hey, wait a second. "What the hell do ya' mean unfortunately!?" I yell over.

"I was hoping for once I'd actually get to see someone die from that fall," She sighs, swinging her legs from the awning of a building. "Nothing exciting like that ever happens around here.." her eyes open as she looks down at me.

They had to be the biggest pair of blue eyes I had ever seen in my life.

"What kind of shit answer is that!?" I respond, now irritated.

Right after my outburst, an explosion erupts just a block away. My head whips around, now finally paying attention to my setting. It was urban, a city with a lot of tall buildings and empty roads. Where was I?

The girl hops down from her seat, now on ground level with me. "Not good.." She whispers to herself.

Bursting from the exploding flames of a building just ahead me, a figure lands within view. It had to be nearly 9 feet tall. It's arms were monstrously large with aura-like skin that shimmered red and black all over. It's head sported a devilish grin that stretched to the back of it's head, with empty white eyes.

Was this something sent from Satan himself?

Suddenly I'm whipped away. The girl, she grabbed me by the wrist, pulling me away with her as she ran.

"What the hell is that!" I scream through heavy breaths.

The more we ran, the more frequent the explosions became. They hadn't seemed to be coming closer though, luckily. We must had outran it.

She ducks off into an empty building as I follow her inside. Running to the back, we hide behind a room with closed windows.

"What is this place? Who are you?" I ask her, in desperate need of answers as I crouch to hide beside her.

"Jeez," She slides her back down the wall, letting her bottom hit the floor. "You ask a lot of questions kid." She lets out a heavy sigh, giving her body a moment of rest after all of the running.

"To answer all the questions you've asked me so far," She brushes back a few loose strands of hair from her face. "My name is Ana, that was an Enigma, and where you are right now is well.. Earth." She answers.

"What?" I respond in shock.

[xxx]

Reality. How can we decide what is and what is not. Science, Books, Dreams, Religion.. They all tell their own stories of what reality actually is.

So what do we believe? The things we value in our hearts, or what we see with our own eyes?