[ 3 ] - Lol, wait so this isn't a dream ?

"Enigmas are beings that surpass our level of comprehension. They terrorize, attack, and kill people for reasons I don't even know." Ana starts her explanation. "And every one of them has their own strengths and powers unimaginable. That one earlier, who knows what else it's capable of." She says.

"Wait hold on now, you're joking right?" I question. "I mean there's no way this is earth. In fact, there's no way this is even real. This has to be a dream." I snicker as I sit back, palms flat on the floor letting out a sigh of relief.

"Funny, I vaguely remember thinking the same thing not that long ago."

"Huh?" I look back up at the girl.

"If this is a dream.." She re-positions to her knees as she shuffles closer towards me.

What the heck is she doing?

"Then why does this hurt!?" She projects.

"What are you ta-" She socks the words right out of my mouth, quite literally. The punch was hard enough for my head to fall back and bump against the wall. FUCK that hurt.

Holding a hand over my left cheek I scoot my back against the wall. "Ah, What the hell was that for, Idiot!" I yell through a groan.

"And if this is a dream.." Her voice softens as she sits back down on the floor.

"Then why have I been here for 4 weeks.." She ends.

I'm left shocked as I slowly remove my hand from my face, no longer stinging from pain. "W-What? Four weeks?" I repeat.

She nods, eyes closed.

"No way.." I whispers, starting to give in to what she's saying.

"That's not all. We're not the only ones here. There's hundreds, if not, thousands of other people here just like the two of us are." She says before pausing. ".. To be honest, I vaguely remember there being something before this.. A different life I lived, but," She sighs. "Everyday that passes, the more and more those thoughts and images begin to fade in my mind."

She looks back up to me finally. "I bet you can't even remember where you came from or what the last thing you were doing before you fell outta the sky was.." She was sad.

Damn, was she actually right? I couldn't remember a thing, no matter how badly I wanted to. For some reason, the furthest back I could think of was falling from the sky earlier. But I KNOW there was something for me before this, there had to be.. Right?

I drop my head with a shake in response.

"Yea.. I thought so." You could hear the disappointment.

I was speechless. I mean, how do you expect someone to take this kind of information out of nowhere? None of it even made sense.

"Oh, by the way," She stretches the word way. "What's your name?" She asks.

"Jordan, but most people just call me Jodi for short." I answer.

Luckily I at least knew that much about myself. But who called me Jodi for short? I mean, I couldn't think of a single name or face to back up that claim. I didn't know anything or anyone.

"Well Jodi," She starts to lift herself from the floor. "We'd better get somewhere further away from here."

Just as her sentence ends, the wall just in front of us is busted down as ruble goes flying everywhere. I shield my eyes for a second before reopening them to find Ana standing above me as if she was protecting me. It was the monst.. no, the Enigma from earlier.

"It found us!" I shout.

[xxx]

To feel as if something's there, but not be able to recall it. To know the feeling of something, but not know what it is you're feeling. Yes, some things can be present, yet absent at the same time.