Chapter Thirteen

Mana felt the burning pain of the kunai entering her flesh and hitting her bone. She screamed in pain it was drilled into her by Suzuka. The orange-haired girl twist and turned the kunai in her flesh, with a sadistic smile plastered on the girl's face. Months passed since Mana's first training. Her wounds healed after three days of rest, and immediately, she was brought back to training. Her second training had the same result; Suzuka and Itona beating her and broke some of her bones, and so did her other trainings. Her trainings have been the same, and whenever Shuuya would bring her back to Sasuke, her injuries would be worse each day, and Sasuke couldn't do anything about it. But her training had paid its results, her healing fastened and was able to heal, after a month, she was able to heal for two days, the next month it only took her a day, and the next few weeks, her healing have been for hours – depending on the injury. Currently, Mana was facing another of Shuuya's brutal training and had no means of escape from Suzuka's sadistic schemes.

"Okay, that's enough." Shuuya spoke from the post he was leaning on.

Frowning, Suzuka pulled out the kunai from Mana's shoulder in a swift move and moved away. Shuuya approached the beaten girl with a frown. Mana glared at Shuuya with her only eye that was open, her Sharingan bright red.

Incredible...

"Talk to me." Shuuya muttered. "How does it feel?"

WHAT?! Mana thought.

She just shut her mouth as she continued to glare at the boy.

"It hurts, I know." Shuuya said. "But with this you will learn... even without you knowing, your body is slowly getting used to the healing process of the seal and is now regenerating in a fast pace... the more you are broken down, the more the process will speed up... but the beating up part is easy, what I want you to do is to fight back... you can't simply runaway from a fight. So, I want you to fight back."

Shuuya watched as Mana's wound was closing and the blood have stopped flowing out of it.

Good.

"We're not done yet." Shuuya said.

"Good." Suzuka said. "'Cause I'm not yet done with this brat –"

"You won't be laying a hand on Mana, Suzuka." Shuuya said. "I'll be doing it."

Removing his scarf-like hood, and his katana's sheath, Shuuya took his sword. A long and thin sword whose blade was black instead of silver, and its holder had a red string wrapped around it and its ends dangling.

"Shuuya!" Itona began, knowing that if Shuuya were to use his katana, Mana would be torn to shreds.

Whilst Suzuka just smirked at the sight of the katana. To see the katana means that Shuuya was tired of the girl, and he would be getting rid of her.

"Mana, I believe you have your own weapon." Shuuya said.

Mana's eyes glanced to her bag that lay on the ground not far from her, but it would take her time to get to. Her eyes widened in the realization. Knowing what was to come, Mana forced herself to run to her bag, but Shuuya's swing of his sword have managed to cut her, creating a large cut at her back.

Yelping in pain, Mana fell on the ground but immediately got up and ran to her bag, slowly forgetting about the pain as it was healing. Before Shuuya's sword could cut her again, Mana was able to get to her bag and brought out her ninjatō (sheath and all) and managed to block Shuuya's katana.

Suzuka's smirk fell at the sight of Mana blocking Shuuya's katana.

Finding an opening, Mana kicked Shuuya at the stomach, hard, and was able to get out of his sword. She rolled to side and freed her ninjatō from its sheath, and held it with her uninjured hand in a defensive position. Her eyes had the Sharingan and held enough anger as she glared at Shuuya.