I

I am really glad you decided to come and read this. Please , don't be shy to leave a like and a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts. :)

Have fun reading!
~B

I was a marine biologist. Yes, was. My profession was doomed from the second the marine life started dying, but I still chose to become a biologist. I hoped I was the one who will help to save the not yet extinct species. But no.

Human hand destroyed every last bit of wildlife we had. All we have now is pictures and stories of the animals that once lived. And no, I do not count cloning the animal as saving the species.

My Ph.D. is wasted.

Or so I thought.

One gloomy, dark day an agent found me in my tiny apartment with an exciting offer - to become a part of the Avatar program. I didn't even let the man finish his thought, I demanded to know where to sign.

And here I am. After nearly five years of training, I am qualified to leave for Pandora. I learned Na'vi quite smoothly, but I still don't feel confident in my skills.

I walk to the airfield with a mass of people, my jaw dropping at the size of the aircraft. It was probably the size of ten whales. Before I know it, I'm inside and I am instructed to sit down and strap in.

It took more than an hour for people to find their spots, and before I know it, the engines were coming to life.

What happened next was a blur. I heard the doc that was preparing me for the cryosleep talking about risks and such, but I paid little attention.

I do remember one thing. Saying goodbye to Earth.

I'm so thirsty. And tired. It feels like I spent 60 hours in my office, living off granola bars and energy drinks.

My eyes open and I'm met with partial darkness. My first reaction was panic. But then I notice, or more like feel that I was weightless. I look around more carefully and huff with relief. It is expected to feel like crap after being asleep for five years.

My cells jerks slightly and opens slowly. I look around wide-eyed. The place was huge. Color white was dominating, with dark grey poles as support beams. There were other pods that were opening around me.

A shadow comes to hover above me. I smile stiffly at the person who came up to check on me. 'How are you feeling?' he questions pressing some buttons on the panel near my pod.

'Peachy.' I grumble dryly. 'Can I get something to drink?'

'Later. You can't drink or anything for another few hours.' he unbuckles me and drifts off to check on others. I growl quietly and float towards my locker when the comms announced how long we were asleep and demanded to use paper bags if any of us felt sick.

Before long we are huddled in a smaller aircraft. I find myself a spot between these buff looking men, that I assumed were soldiers or something.

I rest my head against the recliner, feeling a headache approaching. I hope they have some ibuprofen there because this will hurt like a bitch and a half.

'Not used to flying?' a voice echo in my right ear, making me flinch a bit. I turn to the owner of the voice and critically observe him. He had dark black hair, a clean shaved face and..oh my. His legs.

'Uh.. no. Just a migraine, probably the result of the long nap.'

'Huh, yeah, it does feel like a son of a bitch.' he chuckles, as my left mouth corner lifts up slightly. 'Name's Jake.' he extends his hand and I shake it.