XIV

I woke up like I was slapped. Disoriented, I jolt up to a sitting position with my heart in my throat, feeling sick to my stomach.

The sun was already up, shining to the moon pool, making it shimmer under soft movements of water. Tsu'tey stirred too, responding to my sudden movement. My heart skipped another beat when his sleepy eyes landed on me.

'Hey.' I say, standing up, feeling unsteady. I yet again had this feeling under my heart. Grace said it might be the sixth feeling, but I don't believe that.

I don't believe in this kind of stuff, but the sinking feeling made me think its something big. Or I just ate something last night that my stomach is reacting like this.

As soon as we were airborne, I saw what I would least expect to see on Pandora. Black smoke, reaching far up into the sky from the horizon. I mean wildfires are a thing, but the night was clear yesterday.

I took a glance to Tsu'tey, and we both took off to where the smoke was coming from without words.

In just a few minutes we were at the scene, and what I see makes my blood boil. Several bulldozers, and a few dozen men with guns and flamethrowers. And they all were on their way destroying everything in their wake.

I heard Tsu'tey growl, even though the machinery below was quite loud. Our eyes met briefly, his showing anger and something else. With that, he shakes his head and turns to the direction of the Hometree.

The commotion was obvious in the village. Everybody has gathered around chief and Mo'at, sounding distraught. When Tsu'tey came into the crowd, everybody started talking louder. We squeezed through the crowd, his hand in mine. I break the contact, not wanting more drama than it already was. For now.

The eldest couple tried to calm everybody down but failed, because Jake and Neytiri sprinted into the circle where we stood. Also, hand in hand.

When the realization hits me, I groan.

Everyone looks at them, and as I feared, both chief and Mo'at had bewilderment written on their faces. Tsu'tey stood slightly in front of me, looking from one to another, looking uncharacteristically lost and confused. Mo'at and her mate were on my left.

The tsahik spoke first, facing the couple. 'You two are mated?' her voice sent chills down my spine. I saw Jake gulp, as Neytiri stood proud and confirmed the ordeal to the whole village.

Tsu'tey tensed up, but surprisingly, said nothing. He just stood there, shooting daggers to the marine, his hands clenching into fists.

The chief ignored Jake, announcing that Tsu'tey will be the one leading the warriors to battle, making him snap out of his stupor and answering the cheers of the crowd by his own.

My heart dropped at the idea of him facing the RDA people. None of the Omaticaya will survive this encounter.

Grace had the same idea, as she made her way through the crowd, pleading not to go against the humans. She was silenced before she even finished the sentence.

'We will strike them at the heart!' Tsu'tey announced, his bow raised above his head, as everyone around again cheered. I stood next to Mo'at helplessly, itching to take my mate away from this madness. Why can't we live in peace?

'Brother, please think. It will not bring any good.' Jake spoke up for the first time since arriving. I took a step forward when Tsu'tey launched towards the marine, knife in hand.

'I'm not your brother!' he bellowed. Jake pushed him away, yelling back. Both Neytiri and I were begging for them to stop. I tried to step in between the men, trying to put a stop to this madness, as the chief rushed Neytiri away.

'And I'm not your enemy!' Jake flung the knife away he unsheathed away and pointed towards the wilderness. 'The enemy is out there, and it's very powerful!'

Jake gently pushed me out of the way, ignoring my pleas to stop fighting. I stumbled away as the marine kept going. 'I can talk to them.'

I cried out as Tsu'tey pounced towards Jake again, nearly slashing him. Tsu'tey looked like he was set on murder, as the marine delivered a few well-aimed hits, putting down my man just enough to speak again.

I rushed to the warrior, making him look at me as I inspected the damage Jake has done. It wasn't too bad, he just had a busted lip and some blood showed up from his nose. I help him stand up.

'I'm Omaticaya, I have the right to speak.' Jake states out of breath, running his hand over his face. Then he spoke in Na'vi.

'I have something to tell you.' his voice grabs everyone's attention. I felt Tsu'tey wrap his hand around my waist, making my heart flutter. 'All of you.'  I tilt my head, wondering what was so important that couldn't wait. We had bigger issues to deal with.

'These words are...like stones on my heart.' he says, giving everyone a glance. His face told me it was something very serious was about to happen, and I tensed up. With my peripherals, I saw Neytiri taking a step forward.

The next few seconds became a blur. Grace, that was just a few steps to my left, collapsed. I gasp, taking a brief glance to Jake, realization shining in his eyes. Before I say anything, my world is succumbed by darkness.

Last thing I hear my name being called.