Chapter 3

I awoke to a slight shake. When I opened my eyes, I saw Candy stood over me, smiling. Those beautiful eyes of hers locked with mine.

   I smiled. "I always seem to forget how beautiful your eyes are."

She laughed. "That's because you spend to much time looking at my chest."

I chuckled before pulling her down for a quick kiss. "Can you blame me?"

She rolled her eyes and smiled. "C'mon, everyone else is already up."

After getting ready, we met everyone else in the living room.

"A cave, huh?" Dana questioned.

"Like a cave, cave?" Kat added.

I laughed a little as I walked past them, Candy following close behind.

After everyone was ready, we headed out.

   About halfway through the hike, Stephanie and Billy walked up next to us. "How're you holding up?" Billy asked.

   "Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

   They all gave me a knowing look.

   I sighed. "Yeah, so far, so good."

   "Well, just remember that we're here for you." Stephanie said.

   I nodded as Candy wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "So, how big of a cave are we talking here?" She asked.

   "Pretty big, we had to spend the night in it when we first came up here." I replied.

   "I remember that." Stephanie said.

   "What happened?" Billy asked.

   "Well, there was a big storm and we had no other choice, so."

   "I bet that was uncomfortable." Candy said.

   I laughed a little, memories of that day flashing through my thoughts. "You can say that again."

   Eventually, we emerged into the familiar clearing.

   Wendy and Jen walked ahead of us. "Well, this is it." Wendy said.

   Jen looked around, a small smile on her face. "I forgot how beautiful it was here."

   The newcomers walked up to inspect the cave, while the rest of us gathered up some firewood.

   After getting a fire started, we all sat around it and Wendy pulled out the supplies to make s'mores.

   "Really? Aren't we getting a little to old for s'mores?" I questioned.

   "Speak for yourself, I love s'mores." Kat said.

   A few people laughed.

   "Thank you, Kat." Wendy said as she passed everyone marshmallows.

   More memories started to resurface as I stared into the fire.

   Then, I felt a nudge, pulling me from my thoughts.

   I glanced up to see Candy looking at me with a humorous smile. "Babe, you're burning your marshmallow."

   I looked down at the charred marshmallow slowly falling off the end of my stick.

   I flicked it off into the fire and Candy took my stick, handing me her s'more. "Here, take mine. I'll make another one."

   I gave her a small smile before taking a bite of her s'more.