Chapter 9

"You kissed her!?" Blake asked, anger clear in her voice.

   Luckily we were in the back room of Twist. "Jesus, keep your voice down."

   She shook her head. "I can't even look at you right now."

   She started to walk away but, I stopped her. "Blake, promise me you won't say anything."

   She sighed. "Fine."

   And, with that, she walked out of the room, leaving me to my thoughts.

   Of course I felt like shit for doing that to Candy but, I couldn't help it. I still loved Rebecca.

   I eventually rejoined Blake in the bar and Wendy and Jen showed up not long after.

   "Can I have another beer please?" I asked Blake.

   She gave me a disgusted look before slamming the bottle in front of me and walking off to another customer.

   Wendy and Jen exchanged a quick glance. "What was all that about?" Jen asked.

   I sighed and shook my head. "Nothing."

   "That didn't look like 'nothing'." Wendy said.

   I sipped my beer. "Trust me, it was nothing."

   They exchanged another quick glance before dropping the subject.

   Then, the doors opened and we all looked in shock at the girl standing there.

   "Rebecca? What're you doing here?" Wendy asked.

   Blake walked up quickly. "Sorry, we don't serve your kind here."

   Rebecca gave her a confused look. "What?"

   Blake folded her arms over her chest. "You heard me."

   "Blake, it's me." She replied with a nervous chuckle.

   Blake just eyed her, refusing to back down.

   I stood up and grabbed Rebecca's arm, leading her outside into the rain, quickly running to my car.

   "What's with Blake?" She asked once we were inside.

   I looked down. "Well, she's not very happy with you."

   "What? Why?"

   "Because, when you left, you didn't just leave me. You left them behind to."

   She lowered her head. "Oh..."

   I sighed. "So, what's up?"

   She locked eyes with me. "I wanted to talk to you... about the other night."

   I already knew what she was referring to. The kiss.

   "Oh, uh, alright. What's on your mind?"

   She sighed and looked down. "It was really great... but, I can't... not anymore."

   "What are you saying?"

   "I'm saying, you have Candy now and I have a job and a life to get back to in California."

   "Fuck the job, I can't lose you again. Not after I just got you back."

   She shook her head. "But, you didn't get me back..."

   "Please, Rebecca... don't go... I love you so much and I don't think I can go through losing you again." I said, a few tears dripping down my cheeks.