Twelve

Amethyst finishes washing her face and uses a towel to dry herself off, going through the rest of her skin care routine before making her way back into the bedroom.

"Why are you up so early?" Hyunsoo groans from the top bunk of where they sleep, the covers still covering her entire body and face.

"I want to go practice my singing" is her answer, her looking through her clothes in order to find something comfy to wear.

This isn't an unusual thing for Amethyst to do on a Sunday like today. Sunday's are used for the trainees to practice whatever they want, sleep in, or hang out and do something with their trainee friends. The only mandatory thing they have on Sundays is to go to the gym, which people usually wait to do until later that night. Amethyst chooses to use the free time to work on her singing, seeing as that is the only thing she is not confident in doing yet.

"I heard that there is a new female trainee joining us today" Woojin pipes up from her bed, her laptop on top of her covered legs. "Supposedly, she is only decent at what she does but has connections within the company."

"It doesn't matter how the girl got in" Amethyst says with a roll of her eyes, still looking through her clothes. "We will have another sister to look after and take care of either way. I'm kind of excited."

"Same. She's the same age as you are, you brat" Woojin continues, smiling fondly at the girl as she sticks her tongue out at her.

Amethyst chooses to go with some light pink and white spandex booty shorts, pairing them with a white, oversized hoody. An all-white sports bra is underneath the long hoody so that she can go to the gym after she finishes with her practice today, white Nike's on her feet concealing white ankle socks. She puts her hair up into a high ponytail before making sure that her phone is in her dance bag, waving to her friends before leaving the dorm.

The hallways are empty as she walks through them, the cafeteria the same. She quickly puts some porridge with brown sugar as well as some fresh fruit on her plate, surprisingly not all that hungry. She knows that she should eat more, considering the cafeteria only serves food at breakfast and dinner time, but she doesn't want to make herself sick.

She finishes in no time at all since she has no one to talk to, clearing her tray and wiping down her area. No one else had entered the cafeteria while she was eating so her footsteps echo throughout the empty place as she makes her way towards an empty practice room so that she can practice her singing.

She walks towards an empty room and goes inside, hooking up her phone to the speakers and placing her dance bag in a corner. She is about to choose an easy song to sing to in order to start warming up her voice when footsteps from out in the hallway catch her attention. There seems to be two people talking to each other as they walk past the open door of the room she is in, her eyes widening when she recognizes them to be members from BTS.

"I still can't believe he managed to convince PD-nim to let his girlfriend be a trainee here" Taehyung says with a sigh, his arm wrapped around Hoseok's shoulders as they talk.

"Yeah" Hoseok agrees, not too fond of the girl they are talking about at the moment. "I get that she wanted to see Jimin more, but she isn't all that talented if I'm being honest."

Taehyung nods and they continue on their way, not even glancing into the room that they just passed by. If they had, they would have seen Amethyst's shocked face as their words carried into the room and into her ears.

Jimin has a girlfriend? She thinks to herself, a frown appearing on her face as she takes in this new information. She would be lying if she said that she wasn't interested in the guy, the infatuation she had for him in high school returning as soon as she had seen him again. The fact that he already has a girlfriend doesn't sit right with her for some reason, her not liking that she doesn't even have a chance with him anymore.

She can't help but remember that day in the dance practice room years ago when his lips had caressed the skin of her neck, and how his touch had left her tingling and wanting more. She had a boyfriend back then so nothing could have happened between them, but now he has a girlfriend, the same predicament occurring again.

She rolls her eyes, going back to what she was doing before. It doesn't matter. From the way the other members had been looking at her, she'd be able to get with any of them. Only if they wanted to, that is, since she doesn't want to force herself onto the nice guys or anything. And she doesn't want to play with their feelings either, only willing to do something if they know that a relationship wouldn't be able to happen due to the strict rules the company has.

She still can't help but be a little jealous of the guys though. Since she is still a trainee, there are a lot of rules for her, and multiple things that she is not allowed to do. The guys can date and go out into Seoul whenever they aren't busy since they are idols and no longer underneath the super strict thumb of the company. She wonders what it would be like to have all of that freedom, it making her want to work even harder.

She finishes going over her scales and working on her vocal runs before getting into the songs that she was given by her instructor to practice singing to. She goes over them time and time again, ending the practice with a scowl as she is not satisfied with her abilities. She doesn't understand how she can work so hard to make herself better, yet it seems as if she isn't making any progress at all.

She sighs deeply as she stands up and gathers her stuff, getting out her small towel and walking over to the large gym that they have inside of the building. Working out has always gotten her mind off of things, and she hopes that it will do the same thing today as well.