Twenty

"Really?"

They nod and she looks over at her instructor, shrugging her shoulders when she is met with an excited grin. She had been surprisingly secretive all week, it as if her favorite instructor knew something the young woman didn't.

"Sure. Why not?"

She starts to move back over to the center of the room before stopping, turning back towards where she put her things. She quickly takes her heels off, unceremoniously throwing them into a corner as the rest of the trainees laugh at her predictability. She reaches into the bag before pulling out a pair of loose, light blue jeans and oversized shirt she had packed for after everything finished, pulling them over her sheer outfit. She snags the bucket hat off of one of the younger male dancers as well, ruffling his hair affectionately in thanks.

"This one was just for fun, mind you" she announces, holding her hands out towards her instructor as if asking her not to have too high of an expectation. All she gets is an eye roll in return, the younger woman laughing as her warning is ignored.

The instructor presses play on her phone and Amethyst looks back into the window, this time locking eyes with Yoongi. Her smirk widens until it is a full on grin of excitement that the guys will be here to watch this, understanding flooding the member's eyes as the music starts to play.

She finishes and the three men go back to whispering, the whole room filling with compliments.

"She's fucking awesome" Jungkook says with wide eyes, staring unblinkingly at Amethyst as she walks back over to her friends.

"Language" Jin says while smacking the maknae on the arm, earning a threatening look in return that makes the elder member flinch.

"You are so cool!" Hyunsoo shouts, throwing her thin arms around Amethyst as she jumps around excitedly.

Woojin rolls her eyes at the younger two's enthusiasm before giving in herself, joining their jumping circle as their dance instructor walks over to them.

She smiles at the three, "I think it is needless to say that Amethyst won once again."

Eunha growls in frustration, jealousy pooling in her sharp eyes as she stands to her feet and storms out of the room. Everyone is quiet as they watch her leave, soft murmurs filling the room as the door slams behind her. She is forgotten a few seconds later though, everyone coming over to congratulate Amethyst on her win.

Jimin sighs as he watches his girlfriend stomp down the hallway, his eyes glancing at Amethyst and lingering on her bright smile before he forces himself to look away and go after Eunha. Hoseok and Namjoon trade knowing looks before ushering the rest of the guys to follow him, them complaining halfheartedly about wanting to stay so that they can talk to their new friend.

"Miss Amethyst, can we talk to you outside for a moment?"

Amethyst pulls away from her two friends before raking a hand through her slightly damp hair, sharing a confused look with Woojin before nodding at the three men. She follows them out of the room and away from the door, the sounds of her fellow trainees laughter fading from her ears.

She turns towards the man that looks like the one in charge, giving him her full attention as he looks at the notes he scribbled down on his clipboard.

"You are an amazing dancer with amazing stage presence" he starts off by saying, piquing her interest. "We think it's about time you start officially training for your debut."

Amethyst stops breathing, the "thank you" that was on the tip of her tongue getting caught in her throat. She has been a trainee for the past three years now, and she had been starting to doubt if she would ever debut with her getting older and all. All of her insecurities about her singing and how it was holding her back seem to lift off of her shoulders, her chest heaving when she remembers that she needs oxygen in order to survive.

"R-r-really? But you haven't heard me s-sing or rap yet."

One of the other men steps forward.

"We have spoken with your vocal trainer, and he has told us great things as well as shown us some of your performances. We want you to train separately from the others for a little bit while we promote you and think about if you should be a solo performer or in a group."

"Oh my....what....I don't even...." she's lost for words, her eyes frantically blinking away the tears of disbelief that are threatening to fall from her wide eyes.

"You start individual training tomorrow" the first man to speak says, giving Amethyst a kind smile. "We can probably start putting out promotional videos for you by the end of the week."

Amethyst's grin lights up the hallway, the joy coursing through her body making her tremble in excitement. After all of her hard work and dedication she was finally going to debut. She was finally going to prove to the world that she could make something of herself.

Her momentary happiness gets replaced by doubt though, her smile fading as she bites her lower lip in thought. This is going to be really good for her, but there is one thing that she wants to ask.

"Is it possible for me to debut without everyone knowing that I'm a part of BigHit?"

It goes silent, the three men looking at each other in confusion as her words sink in. Why would anybody want to do that? Why would she ask them a question like that when being under BigHit would mean that she was guaranteed immediate exposure? She's sees their looks and quickly goes to explain herself, using her hands to emphasize her point.

"I love working under BigHit and having BTS as my sunbaes, but I feel like it would be cheating to use their fame to promote myself. It would only be for a little while, but I want to know for sure that my fans are fans of me and not just watching my videos because of someone else."

The man that hadn't talked yet nods his head in understanding, him pulling the other two a little ways away from her. She watches them with her fingers crossed as they talk, making out bits and pieces of their conversation from where she is standing. After what seems like hours, but was really in fact only a couple of minutes, they turn back to face her.

"We might be able to do that for you, but after a year we are going to tell everyone that you are under BigHit."

"Thank you!" She yells, flinging her arms around the three men and making them stiffen at the unexpected action. They all chuckle at her antics after a while though, shaking their heads as they let her go and she skips towards the dance studio once more.

After all this time, she is finally going to debut. After all this time, she finally did it.