Chapter 3

(Image not mine)

Hello, it's been a while hasn't it? It's almost Christmas, isn't that great? My Christmas wish is that all these fairy tale characters will eventually improve their mental health. What's yours? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's great. Even if it's about wishing death on someone. Actually scratch that last part... let's take an old fashioned walk inside the hospital, eh?

3rd Person P.O.V.

The day slowly moved on, making the group of friends go to their own respective rooms. Security guards around, blah blah blah, and all that stuff. Yet, one thing did seem pretty strange...

Cling!

Clang!

"The hell was that..." Gretel asked sleepily. 

"I have no idea bro..." Hansel responded, equally as tired as her brother.

Gretel, curious on what that noise was, turned on the lights. Sure enough, Cinderella was standing there, obviously looking caught red-handed, with many, many, plates, pots, and such things all around her.

"Seriously? We wake up, in the middle of the night, thanks to you and your stupid mess? I'm not even surprised." Gretel said, annoyed as he talked.

"Listen, I have stress issues sometimes to the point where I can't even sleep. Cooking helps, just like this mental hospital is supposed to help all of us." Cindy snapped back.

"Oh you wanna go there you-" Gretel started, yet getting interrupted midway by his sister.

"Look, just, you two, drop it. Cindy, we'll help you clean up, just give us a sec." Hansel said.

"We'll?" Gretel asked sarcastically.

"Look... just help Gretel, I'm too tired for this." Hansel told him and sighed.

"Fine." Gretel said, also way too sleepy to even argue.

As they helped Cindy clean up, there was a knock at the door.

"Yes?" Gretel asked, opening the door to the mysterious person.

"Yes, hi. Um, may I ask what that noise coming from here was?" An unknown voice asked.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that, our... friend dropped some things, nothing to worry about." Gretel responded, putting an emphasis on the word 'friend.'

"Oh, that's fine. Disturb me a lot though. Heh." The unidentified person chuckled.

"That's reasonable." Gretel told them. "Hey, I've never seen you around yet. Mind telling me your name?"

"Ra... Rapunzel. My name is Rapunzel." The now identified person answered. 

"That's a unique name. Mine is Gretel." Gretel smiled kindly to her. She gave off a good vibe. Maybe he could trust her.

"Cool. I better get going to my own room now. Could I possibly talk to you again tomorrow?" Rapunzel asked, a bit shyly.

"Yeah actually. I'd really enjoy that." Gretel said. He should also probably get to bed soon.

"Great! Goodnight." The short brown haired girl said, a bit enthusiastic. She was a socializer wasn't she? The exact opposite of Gretel, but he could already tell they were going to be amazing friends.

Silently, she started walking away, a little happy hop in her steps. Her plain purple sleep gown swung to the sides as she moved down the hallway.