Chapter 11

"Leafpool, I'm going hunting, okay?" Crowfeather meowed.

Leafpool stared at the ground despondently, unresponsive.

"Alright then," Crowfeather meowed, padding into the tall, green grass. 

Leafpool continued to lie on the ground, thoughts whizzing through her head.

What's the point?

She went back to Brambleclaw, didn't she?

I'm all alone...

This isn't right.

Is Starclan punishing me?

I need some help!!!

 ***

The huge striped creature loomed over her, baring its fangs and threatening her with his claws, swiping too close, only for her to dodge away.

"Midnight? Is that you? No?" Squirrelflight dodged away from another attack.

The badger reared, growling. 

"Sorry! It's not my fault that my sister is such a thorn in my paw sometimes!"

The badger leaped at Squirrelflight, his blunt nails digging into her shoulder, tearing through the skin. She leaped away, out of the beast's grasp, hissing in pain.

She vaulted over the badger's back, sinking her claws into the thick fur on his back. She struggled to find a paw-hold, nipping at the badger's ears and swiping her paws into his face, attempting to hit his eyes.

The badger shook himself, sending Squirrelflight flying into the grass, winded. She stumbled to her paws, leaping back at the badger. Taking him by surprise, she scratched her claws down his side. His blood spilled across the ground. 

Squirrelflight reared onto her hind paws, aiming a swipe towards the badger's face, but he caught her paw in his jaws, biting down hard. Squirrelflight heard a crunch, and pain flared up her leg like fire. She yowled in pain and surprise.

"Squirrelflight, get out of here!" a voice exclaimed.

"Crowfeather!" 

"Leave! Get back to Leafpool!" 

"I can't leave you here!"

"Go!"

Squirrelflight limped away as fast as her wounded paw could carry her, not looking back. That was a mistake.

Pain shot through Squirrelflight's tail. "Get off of me, you dung-face!" She yelped.

The badger's claws scraped down her side, and she spun around, trying her best to attack without further aggravating her injured leg. 

Then, Crowfeather was beside her, fighting by Squirrelflight's side. 

"Run," he hissed.

Squirrelflight bolted. Well, she stumbled, but she moved pretty fast, considering she was covered in scratches, and her paw was twisted and in pain. 

Black spots danced at the edges of her vision, and she teetered on her paws. A trail of blood dripped behind her. Just a bit further....

Then, the blackness consumed her, and she fell down, her mind consumed by endless nothing.

***

A/N:

1. Squirrelflight isn't dead... yet. No guarantees on whether or not she will survive.

2.  Star of the week is @yellowfang-lover for all of his/her wonderful support! Thanks for over 800 reads! We're so close to 1k now! 

3. I made a slight change to this for plot purposes... her paw isn't broken, it is twisted.

New update soon! I love you all! Thx for reading!