Chapter 20

I have writer's block, but I'm going to struggle to write this anyway.

Leafpool's paws thumped on the ground as she ran through the moors. Crowfeather was ahead, and Leafpool could see his black pelt in the distance. The scent of her kits was in the air, and she hurried to follow it.

The scent lead into the ThunderClan forest. Crowfeather was waiting for her at the border, looking back at his mate. The pair padded into ThunderClan territory slowly, alert for patrols or animals. 

The scent of the kits merged with three other cats, who Leafpool identified as Brightheart, Squirrelflight, and Brackenfur. 

The cats continued to the ThunderClan camp.

"Leafpool?" Crowfeather asked.

Leafpool took a deep breath, thinking carefully about what's to come. "Let's go."

Crowfeather pressed up against his mate, sharing his strength and support, and they walked into the ThunderClan camp together. 

***

"Wow! That's so cool!" Lionkit gazed up at Honeypaw adoringly. 

"When I learned the Warrior Code, there were 14 rules. Leafpool and Crowfeather never taught me to hate kittypets," Hollykit meowed.

"We don't hate them, we just reject their lifestyle. No clan cat would ever dream of leaving the clans to become a kittypet," Honeypaw meowed. 

Jaykit stayed silent, pondering for a moment. "So, do you have any other unique traditions?"

"There's a gathering every full moon, and all of the clan cats meet on an island in the middle of the lake. We discuss news and share tongues. It's always such fun!" Poppypaw's eyes lit up. 

Lionkit's eyes widened. "Wow, that's so cool! I bet I would make lots of friends there!"

"I'm sure," Berrypaw said dryly. 

"Be polite," Hazelpaw scolded. "They're new here."

"Lionkit, Jaykit," Hollykit addressed her siblings, "We need to talk."

The three kits padded off into a secluded corner of camp. 

"What is it?" Jaykit meowed, pawing at the ground. 

"We shouldn't be here. We need to get back to our-" Hollykit turned around, her mouth dropping open. "parents...."

***

Leafpool and Crowfeather bounded towards their kits, worried expressions on their faces. 

"Why would you wonder off like that? We were so worried about you!" Leafpool exclaimed.

"I told you they'd be mad," Hollykit mewed.

Jaykit crouched away from his parents, tail between his legs. Lionkit's eyes narrowed, his tail lashing. 

"I'm really sorry, and the others are too." Hollykit looked up into her parents eyes. 

Leafpool gave Hollykit an affectionate lick on the head. "It's okay. Everyone makes mistakes."

"Thank you, but I like it here. Can we come back someday?" Hollykit asked. 

Lionkit's ears perked up. "Can we stay here?" 

Crowfeather's eyes widened. "What?" 

"He said, 'Can we stay here?'" Hollykit yelled.

"Do you want to stay?" Crowfeather asked.

"Yup," Jaykit meowed. 

"I'll be the strongest fighter that there ever was!" Lionkit squeaked, bouncing up and down. 

"My heart, and the warrior code, carry me here," Hollykit stated.

"Leafpool?" Crowfeather turned to his mate for help. 

"We need to talk about this one," Leafpool meowed.

A/N

UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! ThAt wAs sO LaTe!

I was sick, okay?

Welcome back to Leafpool's Choice, and thanks for all of your support. 

Here's something I'm curious about: Where are you all from? My demographics say I have readers from Germany, Australia, Finland, Norway, and the U.S., and it's said numerous places before as well. (France, for example.)

Hint: This one's up to you! I had an idea for possibly a gender fluid cat, but I don't know if I should include him/her.

Bye for now! <3