A Valentines Story

Author Note: 

A Valentines story that could have happened if Tom wasn't a psychopath - and if I decide to keep doing these little holiday specials, they're what could have happened if I did what I wanted - including messing up the timeline and universe

~♥~

Kelli hadn't really been expecting to do much for Valentines Day. She had gotten a few gifts for her friends which she had given to them when they were all awake, but there wasn't much beyond that. Both of them had plans for their Valentines day with a couple of guys who had asked them and they had decided to agree. A few who were very bold asked her to be their Valentine, but she wasn't really interested in the holiday.

But as the morning progressed, a few had already asked what she was planning to do with Riddle. It appeared to her that a lot of people had assumed that she was doing something with Riddle. Which, honestly, wasn't a stretch of the imagination. The two did spend a bit of time together, but she had to admit, it was a little annoying how people assumed that they couldn't be friends.

Of course, he had offered her an extremely weird proposal at the start of the year. Which still was a little weird, she had to admit.

"Hey, Watson," a girl called out, causing her to turn her head towards the voice. A Slytherin girl that looked a little younger than Kelli. "What are you and Riddle planning to do today?" she asked.

Kelli stared for a short moment. "I don't know. I'm going to ask him," she said.

"Well, he's just 'round the corner," she told her.

With a nod, she left the girl and went to look for Riddle. He was pretty close by, not around the corner, but she did find him. He was around some of his Slytherin friends who treated her, though only her, well. She told herself to stay focused and to keep a straight face. Kelli walked up to Riddle, invading his personal space and stepping so that the entire front of each other were facing each other. 

His expression remained as neutral as hers."Yes, Watson?" he asked, sounding quite polite despite her proximity. 

She spoke loudly, clearly and with as little emotion as she could muster, "Will you be my Valentine?" 

His expression didn't change. They stared each other with bored expressions for a short moment, before he said in a much deader tone than she had managed, "Yes." 

"Great."

"I have a gift for you," he told her.

That was quick of him. "Oh?" she asked.

He pulled a chocolate frog box out from his robes and presented it to her with a conjured up red bow, putting it right into her face. She didn't enquire as to why he had a chocolate frog in his robes. She grabbed it. "Thank you. I will treasure this gift for the rest of my life," she told him intensely, before she stepped away and walked right away.

"What was that?" one of his friends asked quietly, though not quiet enough for her to hear it as she disappeared around the corner and continued on her way up to breakfast.  She didn't hear his response though. Kelli was too busy trying not to giggle loudly.

She thought about what to give him next as she sat down opposite Lauren and Elizabeth.

"So, how's your day going so far?" asked Kelli, looking between them both. Elizabeth had a large, red, heart shaped box of chocolates and Lauren with a bouquet of roses. Both of them lifted their individual presents.

"Ironically," Elizabeth said, "I gave a bouquet of roses and she gave a box of chocolates. We decided we've got to carry them around all day to make sure they weren't their recycled presents."