{1}

CHAPTER 1- THE TAPS

                                                                       FLORA'S P.O.V

You know one of those days that you are under your warm big blanket and never want to get out of it but then one of your parents call you downstairs, you groan and moan but eventually in the end you have to go downstairs to see what they want. That person I just described is me.

As I trudged down the stairs slowly I nearly slipped and that definitely made me loose the sleep that I had left. Stupid stairs I muttered to my self inside my head. “Flora!” My mum yelled for me thinking I was upstairs but I unfortunately wasn’t because she nearly made my eardrums burst.

 What? I signed at my mum angrily when I found her in the kitchen because she made me get out of my cozy bed that I longed to go back to. “Don’t what me young lady, College starts tomorrow and you didn’t even get some of the essentials that you need. Like I’m the one that’s going to school and not you.” She muttered the last bit to herself angrily. She had learnt sign language with me after I became mute so it became easier for us to communicate.

 Okay I’ll go later, but please let me shower and eat first.

 “I’m not that mean.” I saw the slightest smile though, oh how I loved my mum. I went around the counter in the kitchen and hugged her.

 I love you I signed at her when I pulled back from the hug.

I love you too she signed back.

She was on the verge of crying; I swear she was like a tap.