{14}

CHAPTER 14- GOOD NEWS 

                                                             FLORA'S P.O.V

I can’t believe that he had asked me to be his girlfriend. I was waiting for it but was so shocked when he had asked me now considering that we were in a hospital bed but it doesn’t matter, the only thing that matters is the person that’s asking you. I heard a very loud cough behind me and then later a very familiar voice. “Comfortable?” My mum asked me and I scrambled off Noah quickly and turned around facing her.

Mum? What are you doing here? I asked her while I heard the rustling of the sheets because of Noah sitting up.

Did you forget that I work here? She asked while lifting an eyebrow.

Oh right. I answered, my cheeks flushing red. I quickly got off the bed and turned around to face Noah. I kissed his cheek because my mum was still looking.

Let me know what happens or if you need anything okay? I asked.

Okay girlfriend. He said making me blush while he was smirking.

Bye. I replied and turned around leaving and saw my mum giving me a slight smirk. God help me.

                                                                    NOAH’S P.O.V

It had been about half an hour after Flora had left that the doctors and my parents had finally come in. My mum came next to me and gave me a kiss on my cheek and squeezed my shoulder reassuringly and my dad the other.

What happened? I asked, what’s wrong with me?

Nothing’s wrong honey, it’s totally the opposite. She answered while giving me a huge smile. She said something to the doctor and the doctor nodded.

I’m going to interpret what the doctors saying, okay honey?

Okay. I replied, impatient on what’s going on with me. She nodded at the doctor and the doctor started talking and my mum signing.

Hello Noah, you obviously know that you have been born with damaged eardrums and that you are permanently deaf since birth but you could say a miracle is happening. We discovered that your eardrum is starting to heal it self when we were 100% sure that it wouldn’t. You’re going to be able to hear for the first time in your life. He said smiling broadly and my mum was in tears and I in shock.

I was going to be able to hear, my mums, dads and my siblings, even the rain. I couldn’t believe it and had started to cry as well. My parents both hugged me and they were crying as well. I pulled away and asked my mum, when will I be able to hear again?

She asked the doctor and replied to me after hearing the answer.

In about 8 weeks, you’re going to be able to hear. She said while smiling and my smile broadened even more. They soon left the room after the doctor told my mum that I had to be in the hospital for a while just incase and she had signed to me and I had obviously agreed. My parents would take care of school. I quickly got out my phone and texted Flora.

 1:28pm, Noah; I have great news

1:30pm, Flora; what is it?

1:31pm, Noah; I can’t tell you now; you have to be next to me while I tell you.

1:33pm, Flora; Noah! Please tell me now!

1:35pm, Noah; Nope Hehehe

1:36pm, Flora; Ha ha ha ha, Noah tell me!

1:37pm, Noah; No, I’ll tell you tomorrow.

1:40pm, Flora; ugghh fine! You better tell me tomorrow though. I would have come now but my mum came home and I’m under investigation.

1:41pm, Noah; Have fun

1:43pm, Flora; Very funny, bye x

1:44pm, Noah; Bye xxx

God, I love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! I made this chapter in both their povs because it felt right like that :) vote or comment on what you think about the chapter or story :D have a nice day!