Chapter Three

As they leave the restaurant, Mercedes pulls the newly-engaged girl aside.

Jesse continues walking towards his car; he can tell Rachel's friends want to speak to her alone. "Hey, Rachel. I'm going to head back to my apartment. Meet you there?" he says waving goodbye.

"Ok, baby, see you soon!" Rachel calls back. She also can tell her friends want to talk to her as all of the prior New Directions follow behind her and Mercedes.

"Why don't we head to our apartment?" Kurt says, trying to avoid whatever is going to happen from going down on the sidewalk in NYC. They all agree to go, but Mercedes can't seem to hold it in.

"So how long have you guys been dating again?" she asks Rachel.

"About 8 months." Rachel replies, knowing exactly where this is heading.

"Don't you think... I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy for you, girl - but don't you think it's a bit... soon?"

"Ya, maybe you don't want to rush into things?" Artie adds, "...again?" he says a bit quieter, doubting whether or not he should have.

Rachel takes a breath, all of her friends' eyes are on her, "I know he's the one. So why wait? We're not children anymore."

"Ya but... Didn't you think Finn was the one? Do you think maybe... you are trying to... replace... him?" Mercedes asks.

"Finn was meant to be in my life, but obviously not forever. I will never forget Finn, or how much I loved him, but that doesn't mean I can't love someone else. I'm not replacing him; I'm moving one. I know he would want me too."

Her friends all listen carefully. But then Mercedes pipes up again, "But... Jesse?"

Rachel is losing her patience but she tries to stay cool as to not ruin the day. They hadn't all been together in so long. "I have always loved Jesse. When we first met, it wasn't the right time in our lives, but now it is. And I think the fact that we found our way back to each other proves that it's meant to be."

"I think if she's knows, she knows." Santana jumps in, "like she said, she's not a child anymore. She can think for herself and make her own life choices." She walks up to Rachel and gives her a hug. "I support you. I'm happy for you, Rachel. I'm glad that you have found someone else who makes you happy." She says looking over at her wife with a smile. Brittney smilies back.

"I support you too." Tina says coming up to also give Rachel a hug.

"Me too." says Sam, coming up for a hug as well.

"We do." Blaine says with his arm around Kurt. "We've seen how happy he's made you these past few months. If you know it's right, then you know." He says looking into his husband's eyes.

"Just be sure, ok girl?" Mercedes says, and give Rachel a tight squeeze.