Chapter Five

"So that was our first date." Rachel concludes the story. "Neither of us ended up getting the part but we got each other!"

"Wow! That's so cute!" Tina remarks.

"And how did you not tell us all about this, girl?" Santana asks, jokingly appalled.

"We knew!" Kurt jumps up.

"Ya, well, living here in the city with Rachel we would all hang out. But Rachel told us not to tell you guys; she wanted to tell you herself." Blaine says.

"Look what I've been missing out on now that Brit and I aren't living in New York!" Santana says.

"Well we all haven't spoken in so long." Rachel says.

"Ya, but, you could have called us. We've spoken on the phone in the last 8 months but you never mentioned this." Santana says with her typical sass.

"Well I-I just wanted to tel you all in person."

Mercedes gives her the stink eye and crosses her arms. "Suuuuure. That's why you waiting EIGHT MONTHS to tell us." 

Everyone in the room was silently staring at Rachel now.

Rachel sighs, "Ok, well, I just wasn't quite sure how you were going to react to me dating Jesse again and I didn't want to tell you all of it wasn't going to be serious."

"But now you're engaged girl!" Mercedes says sassily, "So it MUST be serious."

"Ya I never thought you would marry anyone after Finn died." Brittany says quietly with her blank stare.

"Guys I'm happy, I'm really happy. Can't you see that?" Rachel says, ignoring Brittany.

"We do see that, Rachel. We just want to make sure you're making the right choice." Artie says.

"Come on guys, lay off. Brit and I had our troubles before we got married and same with Lady Hummel and his bitch over there." Santana says gesturing to Kurt and Blaine.

"Ya but you guys didn't betry each other like Jesse did to Rachel in sophomore year." Mercedes says.

"Well Blaine did cheat on Kurt and then date Kurt's ex-bully." Brittany adds.

"Really Brittany?" Blaine says from across the room. Kurt puts a hand on his husband's shoulder and gives him a look making it clear he is long over their past troubles. Blaine smilies back at the love of his life.

Rachel continues as if the side remarks didn't happen. "That was so long ago. And he explained to you what happened. We're not show choir rivals anymore. We're adults and-and I love him. I really do. I know in my heart it's right - he's right."

"Alright!" Sam said who's been quiet this whole time. "We should be congratulating Rachel, not, interrogating her!"

"Guys, I'm really sure about this. More sure than I even was with Finn. And that's not to say that he wasn't right for me, but I'm older, and I'm at the point in my life when I really know what I want. I know I have the right person. Let's not do this again, I want you all at my wedding."

"You better invite us all to the wedding!" Tina says.

"Of course! You're all invited. Supportive or not." She says glancing at Mercedes, "But I really hope you can just be happy for me."

"Hey!" Kurt says, "I think it's time for some drinks! Blaine break open the liquor cabinet!"

'Oh no' Blaine thinks, I'll all be gone by the time their friends leave. But he brings out the drinks with glasses.

"Rachel?" Blaine says going to pour her a drink.

"Oh no, I'm ok." Rachel refuses.

Tina overhears, "Rachel, are you pregnant?" All the chatter in the room stops.

"No! God no!" Rachel says.

"Why are you refusing the drink then?" Artie asks. He was right next to Tina. In fact, he had been very close to her the whole night.

"Geez guys, I'm just planning on having a NIGHT with my FIANCÉE and I want to enjoy it and remember it." Rachel giggles and blushes.

"Oooooo! Girl's gonna get it tonight!" Artie says.

They all laugh. They spend the night catching each other up in their lives. Even though it feels like they were all together just yesterday, they realize how much they are missing in each other's lives. It's a great night of old friends.