Chapter Six (ish)

*Hey guys I know it's been forever! 😅 I'm honestly not super into Glee anymore and don't plan on finishing this anytime soon (maybe one day when I get into Glee again - I go through phases), but I had this written and it kind of wraps things up (a little? Maybe? Idk you decide lol). It's not really complete/polished but I hope you guys like it.

——

"Hey babe, I'm home." Rachel calls as she enters Jesse's apartment, even though she doesn't live there.

"How was the rest of your night, baby?" Jesse asks and Rachel comes into the room.

"It was good. Just catching up, you know." Rachel says, trying to minimize what her friends concerns were.

"They're worried aren't they?" Jesse asks. "That it's too soon."

"No, no" Rachel says trying to blow it off. "They're just... protective you know?"

"Are you?"

"What?"

"Are you? Worried it's too soon?"

"No baby, I know this is right."

"What about Finn, didn't you think..." Jesse trails off.

"It doesn't matter" Rachel says "he's gone. And I loved him. And I will continue to love him. But it wasn't meant to be. This," Rachel says close to Jesse's face, "this is meant to be. We found each other again."

Jesse smiles and pulls her into a hug.