i. romantic

- late (as per usual) valentines cutesy oneshot!!

---

Taehyung always used to dream of the soppy relationships that you see in films. Where they're always giggling and kissing. Never arguing or having any issues (and if they did have issues, they were dramatic and blown heavily out of proportion).

Used to dream of the scenes where the tall, strong man would pick the light, feminine women up by their dainty waists, spinning them around in the rain (completely unrealistic, since their makeup never smudged in the slightest), sounds of pianos and saxophones playing as they courted by the lake (also unrealistic).

He loved all the romantic clichés. He wanted to be the subject in each and every one of them.

Therefore, he wasn't too sure how he managed to fall head over heels in complete adoration for Jeon Jeongguk.

"Your hair is so messy today." Jeongguk commented, looking at Taehyung's back as the elder sat at the vanity table, wiping his face. Taehyung scoffed in mock offense, pulling a funny face that erupted a throaty laugh from the other.

Taehyung had no doubt that Jeongguk could pick him up and spin him around in the rain, but did he trust that Jeongguk wouldn't throw him in the lake?

No.

"Your life is messy." Taehyung retorted, watching his boyfriend through the mirror.

Jeongguk shrugged in response to the retort, rolling over in bed. "True."

But somehow, amongst all the play-fighting, mutual banter, Taehyung's yells about how Jeongguk's music was far too loud (usually at four in the morning, when the younger had decided that if he had to be awake, so did Taehyung - most boyfriends would just let their partner sleep peacefully, but not Jeongguk), arguments and silent dinners - Jeongguk still treated Taehyung like a prince.

Taehyung walked up to Jeongguk's closet, sifting through the array of clothes. Jeongguk had so many clothes, so many 'boyfriend' outfits, but all Taehyung ever wanted to wear were his oversized white t-shirts or fleecy sweatpants (because someone else's comfy clothes are always so much better than yours).

"Y'know, I don't think that you've got enough white shirts."

Taehyung heard a snort emit from Jeongguk, looking over his shoulder to see the younger laid on his back and looking at Taehyung adoringly. Jeongguk had a cutesy habit of rubbing his thumb over whatever he was holding; currently resting his hand over his stomach, lazily rubbing his thumb over the bare skin as he smiled softly at Taehyung.

He was just admiring Taehyung. Admiring the wide slope of his shoulders, his body slimming down like an upside-down triangle as it led to his small waist, his back dipping at the bottom before the perk of his cute butt.

And when Taehyung turned around, Jeongguk found himself starstruck at the boy's wide, cocky smirk (he knew that Taehyung was proud of his white-shirt insult), mesmerised by his puppy-dog eyes and his bare face - lacking any makeup and there was the occasional pimple peaking on his cheek or forehead.