Chapter IV

So....

It's been a while, and I am so sorry. I've had a crazy year, but now I've found inspiration! And I've been "working" on this chapter for months. I will try to update more regularly, but no promises...

Thanks to everyone who still cares enough to read this :)

.•°'°•.•°'°•..•°'°•..•°'°•..•°'°•..•°'°•.

"What is going on in here? I can hear you from downstairs." Fitz's unmistakable accent flooded through the room.

Sophie looked up from where she had been sitting with Dex and Keefe.

They had been catching up on the past years. And talking. And crying. Well, Sophie cried. Dex did too. Keefe may have choked back a few tears.

Fitz and Biana walked into the room together, joking about some elf they saw at Exillium. They both noticed Sophie at the same time.

Silence.

Then Biana burst into tears.

"Sophie! You're alive! I- you were dead - all my fault! Please forgive me!" she sobbed, crushing Sophie in a bear hug.

"No! It wasn't your fault! I forgave you a long time ago!" Sophie reassured her, wiping away a few tears of her own. In truth, she didn't even make it through her first day at Exillium without missing her friends.

"Hi, Sophie. It's... really good to see you again. I missed you a lot. " Fitz said, walking over and giving Sophie a gentle hug and smiling at her with his movie star smile.

Sophie's stomach flipped- but not for the reason it used to. No, seeing his smile didn't evoke any romantic feelings, which had most likely faded with time. She was struck by the familiarity and completeness she felt, surrounded by her old friends.

"You okay Foster?" asked Keefe, most likely sensing her mood change.

She nodded, wiping her eyes again.

"It's just so good to see you guys again. You have no idea how much I've missed you."

"I think we have some idea," Dex mumbled wrapping his arms around himself.

She frowned.

"I'm so sorry... If I had the choice to come back-"

"It wasn't something we wanted to do to any of you," Mr. Forkle interrupted, striding into the room. "And I apologize for that. Good to see that you've all caught up with each other. Get some rest. Tomorrow is going to be interesting. "

"Well... Goodnight? I'll see you all in the morning, I guess." Sophie said turning back to her old friends.

"Oh, we're, uh, sharing a room. If that's okay, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anyth-" Biana was cut of by Sophie grabbing her hand.

"Its fine." she said with a smile. "Goodnight everyone."

.•°'°•..•°'°•..•°'°•..•°'°•.

"So what was it that makes today so very interesting?" Sophie asked, dragging a very tired Biana into the kitchen.

"Wait until everyone else wakes up," Mr. Forkle said with a grin.

"Wait, they're still asleep?" 

"Yes. You, Biana, and Tam are the only ones awake," he paused, glancing in her direction, "Well, I'm not so sure about Biana."

Biana grunted.

"Just like my sister." Tam said, bringing Sophie and Biana plates of food.

Sophie laughed.

Sophie wolfed down her breakfast, then chatted with Tam until everyone was downstairs.

"What is it you wanted to tell us?" She asked, eagerly, turning to Mr. Forkle.

He looked around to make sure that they were all paying attention.

"Well," he began, meeting her gaze, "I believe it's time for you all to start working for the black swan."

.•°'°•.•°'°•..•°'°•..•°'°•..•°'°•..•°'°•.

Next chappie in the works. They're gonna yeet into the human world pretty soon. It's gonna be great.