Chapter 1

Julianne's POV:

I woke up to the sound of screaming and fighting, like usual. It was my parents again; my dad was more or less a drunk, and my mother just simply didn't care. They had a one night stand in their early 20's which ended up with my mother pregnant. At that time, neither my dad or my mom wanted a child, the only reason they decided to go through with the pregnancy was to get my grandfather's wealth.

It has been over 17 years of them living together, and the only reason they have not gone through with a divorce yet is because my grandfather's money, which they both live off of, will be ceased as soon as they sign the divorce papers.

That leads to me having to constantly tolerate their toxic and abusive behaviour towards each other. I spent majority of my life crying alone in my room because the sound of my sobs was enough to deaf their shouts.

Today was the first day of senior year and all I had to do was get through one more year with my parents, and then I could move far, far away from them and this life. I currently lived in Seattle, but my dream was to move to New York and go to NYC. Just one more year, and I will finally be able to save myself.

My whole life, I waited for a knight in shining armor to be my savior, but he never came. So, I decided I can't keep dreaming of someone to save me, I had to take a big step and save myself.

I stepped out of the shower and put on a pair of jeans and a top, and piled my hair up in a ponytail. I stared at the mirror into my brown eyes as I applied mascara. I applied the rest of my makeup and made my way downstairs to quickly grab something to eat before school. I saw my father laying on the couch, with a bottle of liqor in his hand, and my mom sitting on the couch opposite his on her phone.

Neither of them said anything to me as I made my way into the kitchen and greeted the maid and cook, Anna, with a hug. She was an elderly woman and more of a mother to me than my own was.

"Are you ready for school, Julianne? Did you pack everything? Do you feel scared? Nervous? Don't be, it'll be totally fine," Anna rambled.

I couldn't control my laughter at the fact that she was more scared for my first day of school than I was.

"I'll be fine, don't worry!" I said and gave her a quick hug. "Okay, I have to go now, I'll see you after school, love you."

I quickly grabbed an apple and made my way to my car while waving goodbye to Anna.

As soon as I walked outside, Robin greets me with a big smile and offers to drive me, like always, and I say no, like always. Robin is our driver, and has been in my life since I was born.

The house I lived in, which some might consider a mansion, and the luxurious cars all belonged to my grandfather. He has a family business, which my dad and his brother were supposed to run together, after gramps retired. But, my dad started drinking to the point where he would never even leave the house, so his brother, Uncle Dan, had to take over the whole business himself.

And, even though my dad didn't contribute anything to the business, gramps and Uncle Dan were more than generous and paid for all our living expenses, including my mom's hefty shopping trips.

I got into my Honda, which my gramps despised because he believed that the only daughter of the Palmer family should drive something more luxurious, but I was happy with my car.

As I pulled into the parking lot of my school, I quickly called my best friend to find out where she was. When I got out of the car, I looked around and immediately spotted Emily making her way towards me.

"Omg, I missed you so much!" I exclaimed.

"I know, I missed you too, Jules," Emily said as she pulled me into a big hug

"Tell me everything about Fiji right now, and don't spare any details," Emily had gone to Fiji with her parents for the whole 2 month vacation, so this was the first time I was seeing her since the end of school last year.

We made our way inside the school as Emily told me about her trip, and just like I asked, she didn't spare any details.

After chatting for the next 30 minutes, we made our way to our first class. I had English, while she had math, so we went our separate ways.

I'm scrolling through instagram on my way to class, that I don't realize that there's someone standing in my way. I instantly collide with that person, making their textbook drop.

I don't even bother looking up before I start chanting "sorry" over and over again, and bend down to pick up the textbook. But before I could get my hands on it, it's quickly snatched up by a masculine hand covered in tattoos. That was the first time I had seen hand tattoos in real life and I just had to see who the belonged to.

I look up to see where that hand leads to and I come face to face one of the most gorgeous faces I have ever seen. He had to be new, there is no way I would have missed this face before. He was tall, and lean, with dark brown hair, and his sharp blue eyes made my breath hitch. Not because his eyes were as insanely handsome as him, because of the way they were glaring at me. They radiated anger, that I unconsciously took a step back.

Once I realized that this gorgeous man was beyond angry, I continued repeating sorry again. The last thing I wanted was for the new kid to hate me and bully me too.

"Shut the f*ck up." His voice was beyond scary and was enough to raise goosebumps on my arms. He glared at me for a few moments before turning around and walking away.

Author's note:

Hey guys, I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of Chaos. I know it is a little messy but don't worry, I will go back and thoroughly edit everything once the book is finished!!

Please vote and comment