Chapter 8

"My mother," he sobbed.

My heart cracked when I heard his sobs, and I could no longer control the tears that flowed from my eyes at his cries.

I wiped his tears, and took a breath before I asked, "what happened to your mom, Kyler?"

I anxiously waited for him to say something, anything. A part of me already knew what he might say but I was hoping that it wouldn't be true, for his sake.

"She's gone," his voice cracked as he said the last word.

A sob ripped out of my chest at his words. I knew what it felt like to not have a mother's love, but it would be 10x worse for Kyler because he had experienced what it felt like to be loved and cared for, so losing that was brutal.

Before I could say something, he started quietly whispering to himself.

"She's gone. She's gone. She's gone. What's going to happen to Kane now that she's gone. She's gone. He won't know what to do. He's a child. She's gone," I cut off his rambling when I engulfed him into a hug.

Kane?

I let him sob and cry into my shoulder, while I rubbed his hair, and whispered "I'm sorry."

This carried on for a while, until he finally stopped crying. He harshly pushed me away, and got up.

"Go away," he yelled.

What just happened? He was crying in my arms one minute, and he's yelling at me to leave the next.

"Kyl-" he interrupted before I could finish speaking

"I said leave. I don't want your pity. Leave me the f*ck alone." He clenched his jaw, and folded his hands tightly, as if he was about to punch someone. I had seen the way he fought, and I did not want to be on the receiving end of that.

"Kyler, don't push me away. I want to be here for you." I put my hand on his arm softly, and he flinched. My heart broke at that. Did he really hate me that much?

"Get out of my face right now or else," his voice boomed. He stood there glaring at me with so much hatred in his sharp blue eyes.

"Or w..what?" my voice wavered, no matter how much I tried being strong in that moment.

Instead of answering, he took a step towards me. I took one back, and this continued until I was pinned against the wall, with him towering over me.

Before I could move, his lips collided with mine, sealing my fate forever.

It wasn't a soft and loving kiss that I always imagined would be my first. It was hard and passionate, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

I didn't realize how much I had wanted to kiss Kyler until this very moment. There was a fire inside him and I was a moth to the flame.

His tongue swiped across my lips and I gladly opened my mouth and allowed him access.

He lifted his mouth off my mine and started trailing kisses across my neck until he got to my ear.

"Julianne, you make me crazy," he whispered harshly before giving my earlobe a small kiss and attacking my mouth again.

We kissed for I don't know how long, but they were the best minutes of my life.

He lifted his mouth again, and kept one hand in my hair, and the other on my waist.

"Thank you," his blue orbs stared into mine.

"F..for what," my voice wavered a bit because my mind was still crazy after the kiss.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Come, let's go home."