𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

wrote a whole ass rant just to get my feelings out and it was actually one of my best-written works like dang the description and everything was gold okay bye enjoy maybe

ᴍᴀʏᴀ 

I climb up the fire escape to Riley's bedroom and knock on the window. "Rileyyyy, it's me!"

After a few seconds, she slides the window open and I give her a cheesy smile.

"Hi, Peaches," she pecks my cheek.

It's been a few days since Christmas. I went back home the next day because I didn't want to take time from her and her family. We decided to go on our date tonight because Josh and her grandparents were leaving anyway.

"Ready?"

"Yep," she says and steps outside. "Where exactly are we going?"

"On top of a roof, duh. Remember?"

She rolls her eyes as we get down the fire escape. "So just some random roof?"

"I mean, yeah? What don't you get? Riley, come on, are you losing brain cells by hanging out with me because-"

She laughs and grabs my hand. "Probably."

"First, we need some milkshakes," I excitedly say. "This night can't start without milkshakes."

"Nothing can start without milkshakes," she points out.

"Wow, I love you," I say as soon as I hear those words come out of her mouth.

I lean against her side as we walk to the diner. Mom was working tonight, so we could probably sneak some free milkshakes.

"Hey, Mom," I shout as I walk into the diner. A few people glare at me and I roll my eyes. "Two milkshakes, please?"

"Hey, girls," she smiles and shouts the order to someone in the back. Riley and I always get vanilla, so there's no way Mom could forget our order. "What are you guys up to?"

"Uh, we're just hanging," I tell her as some guy brings two milkshakes out. "Thank you."

We take our milkshakes and I take a sip.

"Bye, Ms. Hart, thank you," Riley waves as we walk towards the exit.

I throw up a peace sign and we walk out into the city. The sidewalks weren't packed, but cars were roaring past us. After a while, Riley starts getting restless.

"Maya, are we there yet?" she groans, sipping her milkshake.

I roll my eyes and sigh. "Yes, babe, be patient, would you?"

"Babe?"

My face goes blank. "Unless you don't want me to call you that, then...not babe?"

"No I like it," she quietly says with a smile.

I feel my cheeks warm up and I kiss her hand. I turn into an alleyway and she nervously laughs.

I came up to this roof after my heart completely shattered a few weeks ago, but it really calmed me down. So, I usually came here when I was feeling stressed.

"Don't worry," I smile and find the ladder.

I climb up the ladder, trying not to drop my milkshake, and she follows.

Before I picked Riley up, I came up and attempted to make it look more romantic. I laid a blanket on the ground and surrounded it with some string lights. 

"This is so sweet," she softly says. "I love it, Maya."

I kiss her cheek and we sit down. I lean against her shoulder and take a sip of my shake.