𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

ᴍᴀʏᴀ 

"Morning, girls," Riley's mom says as we walk into the kitchen.

Riley and I sit at the table which was loaded with pancakes and fruit.

"Morning, Mrs. Matthews," I say, popping a blueberry in my mouth.

Auggie drags himself into the room and sits across from us. 

"Hey, Auggs!"

He looks at me with weary eyes and growls. I raise my eyebrows and Riley shakes her head.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I'm sleep," he mumbles, half awake. "Tired...hungry...want food...but wanna sleep..."

I chuckle and throw a blueberry at his nose. "Sleep is for the weak."

"It is the week!"

"No," I roll my eyes. "That's not what I- whatever."

"Mom, where's Dad?" Riley asks.

"He's still asleep," she sighs. "Do these boys stay awake all night?!"

Auggie's eyes widen and he tries to cover his expression. Mom doesn't notice and goes up into their bedroom after placing the rest of the pancakes on the table.

"Auggie, spill," Riley says once she's gone.

"We watched baseball the whole night," he whispers. "After you and Maya came back, I woke up and found him watching TV. I'm so sleepy."

"That's your fault, though," I smirk.

"Whatever," he scoffs and narrows his eyes. "Where were you two?"

"Out," Riley nonchalantly answers. 

"On a date?" he teases.

"No, we were just hanging out like normal friends do," I roll my eyes. "Yes, we were on a date, idiot."

"Hey," he frowns and sticks his tongue out at me. "Why'd you come home so late?"

"Why'd you stay up so late?"

He huffs and takes a bite out of a pancake. "I already told you."

"And we already told you," Riley adds.

"Have you guys had your first kiss yet?" he wiggles his eyebrows.

Riley chokes on her food and I laugh.

"Why do you care? And yes, we've kissed..." I smirk, looking over at her red face. "More than once."

"Ooooh," Auggie teases. "Riley kissed-"

Mr. Matthews walks into the room and his jaw drops. "Riley kissed who?"

My eyes widen as I realize that he could've heard our whole conversation. I act like I didn't know so he doesn't suspect anything. "What? Riley! Who'd you kiss?!"

Her face is flushed red and she fumbles with her words. "What...wh-what's a kiss? I'm not even with anyone right now, who could I have kissed?! If anything, you should be interrogating that thing. Auggie kissed Ava last summer!"

Auggie blushes and immediately denies it. "Riley! That was our secret, how could you?"

"Wait one second, both of you kissed someone already?!" her dad shrieks.

"Dad! I'm 17, not a child like Auggie! If anything, you should be yelling at him," she sighs.

Auggie starts fake crying and Matthews rolls his eyes. "I'm going back to sleep. I'm done for the day."