𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

ᴍᴀʏᴀ 

New Year's Eve.

I finally decide to tell Charlie that I'm with Riley. 

Riley's forcing me to, but still.

I shoot him a text so we can meet up, and I really hope that he doesn't completely ignore me afterward. He's such a good person and I genuinely want to be friends with him.

He doesn't really know anything about us because we haven't talked since Christmas.

I turn to Riley and sigh. "There? You happy now?"

"Yes," she grins and kisses my cheek.

"Okay, well I'm gonna go," I tell her. "I'll be back in a few minutes, bye."

"Can I come?"

"No."

"Okay."

"That's it?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I don't really wanna go anyway," she shrugs. "I have to watch Auggie, too."

"Then why'd you-" I begin. "Whatever."

"Can I have a kiss?"

I look at her and slowly move in. "Later."

I laugh at her stunned expression and head towards the door. Before I leave, I face her. "Bye, Riles."

She mumbles a goodbye and I roll my eyes. I quickly run up to her and put my lips on hers, feeling her smile through the kiss.

"Bye," she softly says.

I wave and head towards Topanga's.

Once I'm inside, I spot Charlie sitting at a table in the far back. He meets my eyes and smiles. I walk towards him and sit down.

"Hey, Gardner," I greet.

"Hey, I ordered some coffee for you," he smiles and hands me a cup. "What's up?"

I take a sip and ponder over what I should say. 

"Well, you remember how you forced to me go over to Riley's?"

He chuckles and nods. "Oh yeah, how'd it go?"

"It went pretty good, actually," I hesitantly tell him. "We're dating now."

His face drops and he raises his eyebrows. He quickly covers it up with his signature grin. "Oh, that's great, Maya!"

"What's wrong?" I slowly ask.

"Nothing," he quickly says. 

"Charlie, come on."

"I don't know," he sighs. "I was kind of hoping you two didn't make up."

I raise my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"Nothing, forget it. I'm happy for you," he says. "Are you happy?"

"Yeah," I tell him. "She makes me really happy. But you don't seem happy."