Chapter 1

Here is the long awaited version from Henry's point of view. Please like, comment, and share! Thank you!

.....

"Every Breath You Take" cover by Chase Holfelder

Every breath you take,
Every move you make,
Every bond you break,
Every step you take,
I'll be watching you ....

April 11

I watched her from afar as she walked along the mulch rows of the tulip fields, taking pictures of this scenery with her camera.

Close to us were a young couple, a family of three: a father, a mother, and a little girl, and an elderly couple, from all walks of life.

They all looked so happy being in this place.

Who wouldn't, right?

Observing them brought pain deep within me. The picture only reminded me of the things in life that she would never have. Her chance to fall in love, have children, and grow old with a partner were cut short because of the actions of one man.

And I won't stop at anything until he and everyone in his family felt the same pain he inflicted on her.

I moved into the same row she was walking up from. She was entranced by the tulips, not realizing that I was coming from the other end. From what I knew, these were her favorite flowers, the same as my sister.

The distance between us decreased, bringing us closer to each other, but she still hadn't caught on to the sight of me.

As she strolled down the row toward me, she buckled her camera into the camera bag. With her eyes on down, she bumped into me and fell to the ground.

I bent down and picked up her camera bag that laid beside her. "I am so sorry, ma'am. I didn't see you there. Are you alright?"

She turned around to the sound of my voice. Inches apart, her brown eyes observed me in a long stare as if she was studying every feature of my face.

She finally blinked away and quickly got onto her feet, stepping away from me.

She had a right too.

But if she truly knew my hidden intentions, if she knew the reasons why we met today, she would get as far away as she could.

My height towered over hers as she stood staring back at me. I observed her features in detail.

This woman lacked style in fashion. She wore a grey T-shirt and blue jeggings with red Converse shoes, exactly the opposite of sophistication in my book. And she had very subtle makeup on her light skin; it was barely noticeable.