Chapter 2

Song: The Devil Within by Digital Dagger

.....

Two Month's Later

"Lydia, please arrange this order for me. The details are on the note."

My receptionist grabbed the note from my desk. "Yes, Mr. Cavill. I'll arrange your order right away."

"Thank you. You may go now."

As Lydia left the room, I stood up and paced over to the ceiling-high windows of my office. In the distance, I could see the planes landing and taking off from O'hare.

The board was set.

The pieces were in place.

Now all I needed to do was wait for the next move.

No matter how long it took or the sacrifices I had to make to get there, I will get what I want.

Slowly and unknowingly, everyone of them will suffer at the wrath of my hands.

When the time approached for my order to be delivered, I went down to the grand lobby and waited on the lounge chair, hidden from the view behind some furnished plants.

After a few minutes, Ally walked through the doors with the flowers I had ordered in her hands. She stopped at Guest Services and spoke with the receptionist before taking a seat at a nearby table, just several feet from me.

Shortly, Katherine stepped out from the elevator and approached her. "Hello, I'm Katherine."

"Hi, I'm Ally. I have your order here from Nancy's Floral Shop."

"I can see that. Thank you, Ally. My manager is going to love it very much."

I peeked at my Audemar Piguet watch and noticed I had to be on my way to an important meeting at two. Standing up from the chair, I glanced over to Ally and Katherine who were still in conversation before heading out through the revolving glass doors. I waited in the grand driveway as Larry drove the black Mercedes Benz around the corner.

"Larry, Everest, please," I request him when I stepped in the car.

Larry nodded from the driver's seat.

The text tone rang from my iPhone, and it was from Katherine. She texted me a picture of the flower arrangement, which was designed with the flowers I had requested: baby breaths, white roses, and of course, purple tulips—my sister's favorite.

I typed into my iPhone. Cancel the flower order for tomorrow, compensate them for their loss and arrange for this vendor instead.

Absolutely. Katherine messaged back immediately.

Fifteen minutes later, Larry parked in front the building. I rode the elevator to the 40th floor to the French restaurant, wondering what must be going through Ally's mind at the moment. She had to had seen me through the glass windows.